Which bag for the Q2 [for Rick]

Advertisement (gone after registration)

40 minutes ago, NW67 said:

John,

You know the Arte De Mano Rally Red half case is the dogs bollocks mate......I had one on my Q and I am sure I will get one for the Q2. Did you get one down under??

Please post a pic. I have the Arte De Mano in Minerva Black and have loved it. 

2 hours ago, IkarusJohn said:

Hi Neil,

Actually, I don't.  I bought a Luigi natural leather half case for my M9, used it for a month or so, and now it sits in a drawer somewhere.  I prefer my cameras naked - the M cameras are so nice in the hand, and the TL2 and SL just look nice the way they are.  I have had my Monochrom recovered in tan ostrich leather, and I like a good strap, but otherwise I prefer not to pimp my cameras with bits and pieces.

John

Fair enough..........I just find the M's and my old Q to be cold and slippery. S no case and H6D no case and those are fine. I even had to put a case on the TL2, maybe its my big hands or something else.

Neil

• 5 months later...
On 3/9/2019 at 5:48 AM, Flilow06 said:

Anyone know if the Q/Q2 fits in a Billingham Stowaway Compact? Per the interior dimensions it should not, ie. too thin, but there is a user review on the Billingham website saying it does.

Hello,

Have you had the opportunity to find out if the Billingham Stowaway Compact works for the Q?

Thanks in advance!

On 9/21/2019 at 12:32 PM, kyeo said:

Hello,

Have you had the opportunity to find out if the Billingham Stowaway Compact works for the Q?

Thanks in advance!

The material of the Billinghams is sufficiently flexible to get the Q2 into it with some pushing and pressing. I didn't find it handy. The Compact Stowaway measures 14x6.5x21cm and the Q2 measures with the protector14x9x11cm. The nylon zipper is beautiful and does not scratch. I did not have the 72 in my hands, but on the images with an M without protector or handle it also seems that the bag for the Q2 with protector and carrying strap is tight. The Digital is perhaps a bit too spacious, but with the divider in a horizontal position it can hold two spare batteries while the lens cap stays under the snap button in the front compartment. (There are complaints that the cap is too loose and gets lost quickly)