Is Pre-Ordering worth it?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

No Q2's available in the UK at the moment.

I spoke to and emailed 8 retailers today and none of them had a unit available or could give a defined delivery date.

Only one retailer allowed you to pre-order without paying in full.

I guess the problem is actually knowing for sure where you are on the list with that retailer.

When you may strike lucky with another outlet.

Most were quoting 4-6 weeks.

Is it wise to pre-order and pay?

Flyer

It is much easier if you have supported a dealer and the dealer has supported you well over the years. I have never had to pay in full in advance for a new camera not currently in stock. But that is because the dealer has served me well in the past and trusts me to buy from him when a new model has been launched and I have expressed an interest. It might seem an old-fashioned attitude, but I am pleased to say that it has worked well for me, particularly when new stock is in short supply. Compare my approach with those who add their names to mulitple lists, causing a lot of wasted time and effort when dealers lose out in the race to satisfy demand of  phantom clients.

• Thanks 1

vor 33 Minuten schrieb Flyer:

No Q2's available in the UK at the moment.

I spoke to and emailed 8 retailers today and none of them had a unit available or could give a defined delivery date.

Only one retailer allowed you to pre-order without paying in full.

I guess the problem is actually knowing for sure where you are on the list with that retailer.

When you may strike lucky with another outlet.

Most were quoting 4-6 weeks.

Is it wise to pre-order and pay?

Flyer

Take the ferry und jumpt to Holland.

Kameras Express seems to have at least one on stock

https://www.kamera-express.nl/product/12296556/leica-q2/?channable=e27102.MTIyOTY1NTY&zoek=Leica Q2&

I’m all in for a Q2. On the list at Camera West in Rancho Mirage, CA, but I do not yet have any availability info. The sales person said Leica has been pretty good about having units available at intro so he seemed pretty confident of “soon”. He offered me $2300 USD for my 3+ year old Q as a trade-in. Now the wait begins. 

Why no Q2 in UK ??? Brexit did not happen yet. Or is it already ?

In Paris several shops were flooded with tens of Q2 each. It was available at 3pm the very same day of announcement.

Paris Leica stores  also go two dozen of Q2 for demoing them in the streets of Paris with a Leica ambassador as a guide for 2 hours ! Never seen such a nice launch from Leica. Very nice

Edited by nicci78