Leon_B.

Jono Slack: Leica Q2 Review

Advertisement (gone after registration)

5 hours ago, Daedalus2000 said:

Because he shot with it for multiple professional jobs. I have not seen the whole video but he looks like a decent guy

whoever posted that link did not truthfully advertise the video... i will watch it now....

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, prk60091 said:

whoever posted that link did not truthfully advertise the video... i will watch it now....

I have watched a couple of his video. He talks a lot, too much probably, but he gives an interesting perspective. He seems to have done good work with the S2-P and SL and I agree with some of the points he makes. He has a half an hour video which is a rant about the M10-D (against those who do not get it)!!! I could not watch it all.... Overall, I am happy someone advertised his video, because I like how different he is.But his videos are too long....

It is worth checking his website to see his work.  www.RamseySpencer.com

Edited by Daedalus2000

On 4/25/2019 at 1:46 PM, Daedalus2000 said:

Because he shot with it for multiple professional jobs. I have not seen the whole video but he looks like a decent guy

That may be the case but I'm afraid to say the guy loves himself too much. 🙄

Just spent thirty seconds or so evaluating the Q2 at the Leica Store SF. My conclusion? It's very nice; I would consider one. 

Of course, the sales guy was a bit of a jerk and didn't seem to know much of anything, didn't really make me feel welcome or that he was interested to sell me anything. I guess the fact that I knew more about the menus on the camera than he did put him off. So I wouldn't buy it from him if I were to buy one. 

I'm walking about SF with the CL fitted with the Pentax-L 43 lens. It's fun to walk in the city again with a camera. :D

Am 25.4.2019 um 14:46 schrieb Daedalus2000:

And he’s friends with Germany. 😁

Posted (edited)
On 5/21/2019 at 7:39 PM, ramarren said:

Just spent thirty seconds or so evaluating the Q2 at the Leica Store SF. My conclusion? It's very nice; I would consider one. 

Of course, the sales guy was a bit of a jerk and didn't seem to know much of anything, didn't really make me feel welcome or that he was interested to sell me anything. I guess the fact that I knew more about the menus on the camera than he did put him off. So I wouldn't buy it from him if I were to buy one. 

I'm walking about SF with the CL fitted with the Pentax-L 43 lens. It's fun to walk in the city again with a camera. :D

"didn't really make me feel welcome or that he was interested to sell me anything" that's my experience basically in ALL Leica "Boutiques" I ever been. At least in London and Kyoto. In fact, the Kyoto representative doesn't even look at me when I enter the store and greet him, maybe he eyeballed my M8 and knew I was some cheapo unable to buy new gear. There was nobody else at the store, he simply doesn't care at all.

SoHo was so-so, obviously, they were more interested in selling an M-P to a rich girl than show me a D-Lux lol... 

Edited by rivi1969

Advertisement (gone after registration)

7 hours ago, rivi1969 said:

"didn't really make me feel welcome or that he was interested to sell me anything" that's my experience basically in ALL Leica "Boutiques" I ever been. At least in London and Kyoto. In fact, the Kyoto representative doesn't even look at me when I enter the store and greet him, maybe he eyeballed my M8 and knew I was some cheapo unable to buy new gear. There was nobody else at the store, he simply doesn't care at all.

SoHo was so-so, obviously, they were more interested in selling an M-P to a rich girl than show me a D-Lux lol... 

Oh, he was nice enough: He came over to greet me after I'd wandered the gallery and asked if I'd like to look at anything. He handed me the Q2, let me play with it, and then looked for the 11-23mm (they were out of stock). When he didn't have one for me to test, and it was obvious I wasn't going to buy a Q2, he just wandered off and didn't even suggest that he contact me when the 11-23 was in stock, etc, didn't say good bye or enjoy my visit.

Not the sort of behavior I expect at a high end store; other sales personnel there have been excellent, including phone calls and calling me when something I wanted to look at had arrived in the store. If I decide I want a Q2, I'll work with one of them instead... or my usual dealer in Chicago. :D

On 3/8/2019 at 9:51 PM, bags27 said:

somewhere on Leica Rumors someone described the technical parameters of the weather proofing (same as the SL), something like (and I can't remember exactly) moderate rain at a 15 degree angle for x amount of minutes.... wish I could find it.

thanks for your help

On 3/8/2019 at 7:34 PM, jonoslack said:

Hi Nigel

I’m not certain, but I would certainly thing so - it survived many hours in the rain in China without effect. 

Best

THanks for your reply - encouraging!

Hello guys,

i have a question: what is your Lightroom base settings for Q2? Sharpness, Noise Reduction etc..

Thanks