Jono Slack: Leica Q2 Review

• Leon_B. changed the title to Jono Slack: Leica Q2 Review

To me those pictures make the case alone.  Gorgeous.

The informative and well written review tell me about a few things that address aspects of the Q I didn't like.

Now, just to sit around and wait for one to become available to the unwashed non-Leica-VIP masses....

Edited by jon m
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Looks great, Jono! You write excellent reviews/impressions ... better than anyone else. :D

The Q2's higher resolution steps up the game considerably ... the crop modes for focal length simulation would be more useful to me now. The 75mm @ 6.6 Mpixel is a little limiting, but that's a trade off. (Actually, if Leica would release a 1.5x front-element teleconverter, it would be great!) 

Nice impression, nice camera. Bravo! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, giuliomagnifico said:

The only thing I would to know is if the cover for the Q are compatible with the Q2,  like the Tekiac cover  I already have! 

i asked about the leather leica protector and was told it would be a little bit too big for the q2 since the q2 body is a little thinner and also, the battery cover is different. 

• Like 1

My only beef is that it did not come out a few weeks ago. Then I might have had a chance of getting one for my trip to India, leaving next week. I am taking a CL and R9 instead. 

Wilson

Not a bad combo and you will like the reach of cropped sensor of the CL. I purchased my CL as a swap for a Q, which I loved, but Safari demanded more reach. Very happy with CL, especially with R and M lenses. BUT, safari is past and am thinking of swapping back into the Q2

• jaapv unpinned this topic