X2 seems to be getting slower with the years, is it just me?

rrincon

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I have been using my X2 with no problem for many-many years but for some reason it seems like the camera is becoming slower and slower. When I use "C" and shoot a few images in a row it takes probably two o three times more to transfer the data than what it used to be before. Also the operation of the lens is delayed: when I shut off the camera it takes a very long time to retract the lens (not because it's doing some other process)... I don't know what is happening... is it too much use and maybe the camera needs to be clean up and lubricated? It is just too old now? is it just me? Has anyone experience something similar? And if so, how did you resolve the issue? Any suggestion would be appreciated.

I think the real answer is that newer models are faster in comparison. The X1/2 always had a slight lag for which I make allowance. Using a higher speed memory card can decrease writing times a little. Optical performance remains exemplary.

• Like 1

vor 4 Stunden schrieb rrincon:

I have been using my X2 with no problem for many-many years but for some reason it seems like the camera is becoming slower and slower. When I use "C" and shoot a few images in a row it takes probably two o three times more to transfer the data than what it used to be before. Also the operation of the lens is delayed: when I shut off the camera it takes a very long time to retract the lens (not because it's doing some other process)... I don't know what is happening... is it too much use and maybe the camera needs to be clean up and lubricated? It is just too old now? is it just me? Has anyone experience something similar? And if so, how did you resolve the issue? Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Did you use your camera constantly? In found my X1, buried in a drawer for a longer period, to react very reluctantly,, the lens even would. not retract, so that I had to remove the battery.  With renewed use and freshly charged batteries the problems vanished. Maybe the batteries are also degrading.

Edited by EUSe

13 hours ago, rrincon said:

Try a new SD card for the slow transfer times.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Advertisement (gone after registration)

On 5/23/2019 at 1:57 AM, rivi1969 said:

I had the X1 which I found speedy enough... After I start using my A7Rii I realized how slow the X1 really was.

And how many years of technical progress separate the two cameras? Many beautiful pictures do not requre high-speed camera performance. Slow down and enjoy the world around you.