Luigi Bianchi

Leica D-Lux 4 - Otical viewfinder stuck in hotshor

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi, I'm new in this forum. I inserted a simple optical viewfinder in the hotshoe. Now I can not release it, get it out. Brute force is no use, I think.
Is there any way to release the two pinn? Please help. /luigi

Could you post o photo of the situation?

Brute force is indeed not advisable; the hot shoe is secured by four screws from the inside.

4 minutes ago, jaapv said:

Could you post o photo of the situation?

Brute force is indeed not advisable; the hot shoe is secured by four screws from the inside.

Thank you. I
s there a simpler way to release the viewfinder without opening the camera--which I am unable, unwilling to do?

/luigi

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By sebben
      Curious to know if Panasonic has improved the quality of the view finder over the Leica SL.
      More specifically, what bothers me about the SL finder is:
      1. When under exposing the image by more than a stop the blacks become very milky and you can't see much detail in the shadows (Often required to prevent highlight clipping)
      2. It’s not very bright causing difficulties in bright conditions 
      3. Difficult to judge focus unless magnifying the image (I have 20/20 vision) 

• By schattenundlicht
      I effectively ruined my hideously expensive multifocal eyeglasses with LTM-photography (Leica II & III, FED & Zorki)
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden! .  
      A little too late, I started experimenting with various washers etc but found that most items increase the viewing distance and lead to incomplete viewfinder / rangefinder coverage, which is restricted enough with eyeglasses on classic LTMs anyway.

There may be some professional solutions around, but I have come up with a low cost, dispensable item, which may not be perfect on aesthetic grounds, but works very well in the field for me. I did not bother with geometric perfection
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden! .
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!  
      I used a 12 mm and a 6 mm punching tool respectively, and some general adhesive cloth tape from the hardware store.

Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!  
      My new eyeglasses will arrive next week
      Kind regards
      Mathias

• By rosshj
      Hello,

I recently acquired two Leica M cameras from an auction. One is a M3, the other is a M2. They both are cosmetically in pretty nice condition, but the viewfinder on each seems to have an issue.

The M3 seems like it may have some separation going on and the focusing patch seems pretty dim. The frame lines for the 90mm seems permanently visible as well.

The M2 has what looks like dark spot inside the viewfinder—I'm not sure that this could be. When you looks through the viewfinder it still seems bright and the patch is clearly visible.

I'm wondering if anyone can help identify the issue and also let me know if you think it can be fixed. Other than the viewfinders, the cameras seems in really great shape. Hopefully a CLA can clear things up, or a recement. 

Thanks!

Ross
    • By leicalight
      I would like to buy a new 35mm wide-angle for my recently acquired M2. For the moment my budget restricts me to Zeiss or Voightlander glass. I was thinking about the Zeiss Biogon 35mm f2 but I understand, because of its size, part of the lens blocks the 35mm view. For me this is unacceptable. As I am unable to try all the 35mm lenses, my question is what 35mm wide-angle lenses from either Zeiss or Voightlander are available that do not obstruct the 35mm framelines of my M2? I presume the smaller 35mm f2.5 Voightlander VM Skopar and the 35mm f2.8 Zeiss are OK? I would rather not use a separate viewfinder just now although it could be an option at a later date. 

This is a post from a new member (and new to Leica) so forgive me if the topic has been raised elsewhere. Thanks.
    • By asalazar
      Hola a todos. Soy nuevo en el foro

Tengo una M6TTL y un Elmarit 24mm con un visor externo. La composición con este lente es muy difícil porque la M6TTL es un par de milímetros más alta que otras Leica M analógicas (M2,M3,M4,M5,M6) por lo que el visor externo no es muy preciso.

Me encanta el lente pero quisiera buscar una Leica M que me de menos problemas

Quisiera conocer si alguien tiene experiencia con alguna de estas cámaras y un Elmarit 24mm.  Me interesa conocer si han tenido problemas de composición

saludos desde Ecuador, América del sur

Armando