Hood for my 18

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I found a used 18 and since I like a lens hood, I looked at ebay and found this one. It is metal well made and does not flare.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/for-39mm-Lenses-Metal-Wide-Angle-Lens-Hood-60-Degree-Horn-Shade-Black-Color/273309106794?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 1

the hood is good for protection, however Leica are on record as saying the 18 was designed to be used without a hood for compactness.........that saying, I didn't really get on with my 18 so sold it and got an 11-23 which I love , despite being a bulky Bas......d. 🙂

PS, love the case !

Edited by johntobias
  • Like 1

On 3/5/2019 at 1:45 PM, johntobias said:

the hood is good for protection, however Leica are on record as saying the 18 was designed to be used without a hood for compactness.........that saying, I didn't really get on with my 18 so sold it and got an 11-23 which I love , despite being a bulky Bas......d. 🙂

PS, love the case !

Yes ,I read that from Leica. I am about to buy a CL starter bundle where you get a new 18 mm for a paltry £350, in Leica terms....Offer ends at the end of the month. I want to try wandering around regardless with it, not worrying at being stared at ! I certainly won’t by a lens hood if it’s been designed internally by Leica to completely forego one . Having said that, the 11-23mm is a crazy good masterpiece of a lens. You can still buy them second hand at Stephens of Manchester, but they go in the shop and out in relative seconds, so you have to be very friendly and diligent with them.

I was lucky, picked up a mint 11-23 for £800 on ebay and it is perfect.   selling my 18 was a bit difficult , probably because the deal with a CL is excellent , so I bought a T for £280 on ebay and sold the pair for £1100.....I was just lucky I guess   .....Enjoy Peter !

• Like 1