35mm Noctilux Lens

Revolver

I agree with wide angle and bokeh...you can certainly tell a story with this effect.  The 24mm FL is great example of story telling..and I’m not just talking landscapes.  Perhaps these looks are not as popular in RF land because with (D)SLR you can get pretty up close to give the desired effect.

vor 11 Stunden schrieb pico:

It is not out-of-focus. Soft, hazy, or maybe a little camera shake.

It’s pretty well front focused and someone tried to bump all the contrast and clarity on the face in the hopes to make it look somewhat in focus.

I also don’t think these are good examples. The 35mm shot you posted is so over processed that it hurts. 

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, SMAL said:

It’s pretty well front focused and someone tried to bump all the contrast and clarity on the face in the hopes to make it look somewhat in focus.

I also don’t think these are good examples. The 35mm shot you posted is so over processed that it hurts. 

Point one - You can see that her eye and string necklace are in focus. The negative was underexposed thus contrast to put non-detail to black.

Point two - Over-processed? It is a scan from a wet print.

Get real

Edited by pico

vor 55 Minuten schrieb pico:

Point one - You can see that her eye and string necklace are in focus. The negative was underexposed thus contrast to put non-detail to black.

Point two - Over-processed? It is a scan from a wet print.

Get real

So, you didn’t apply any profiles while scanning it and you didn’t sharpen or post process nor did you apply an processing while exporting the photo? I doubt that, cause it is clearly over sharpened.

You can take that critique or not, that’s up to you, but you can’t deny it just because the base was shot on a wet plate.

Edited by SMAL
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, SMAL said:

So, you didn’t apply any profiles while scanning it and you didn’t sharpen or post process nor did you apply an processing while exporting the photo? I doubt that, cause it is clearly over sharpened.

You can take that critique or not, that’s up to you, but you can’t deny it just because the base was shot on a wet plate.

I don't know what a profile is. Oh, and you are just plain full of irrelevant criticism. And wrong. I'm being kind.

vor 12 Stunden schrieb pico:

I don't know what a profile is. Oh, and you are just plain full of irrelevant criticism. And wrong. I'm being kind.

Since you refuse to answer my questions I am pretty sure I am correct.  I just think your examples don´t prove the point you tried to make. I think one is never too old to learn something new, but you of course don´t have to take anything I said at all.

• 2 years later...