Just got a D-Lux 7 and have some questions

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hello all, long time M4/3rds Panasonic user who just acquired a D-Lux 7 yesterday and have a question and can report at least two problems.

Would welcome any of your thoughts:

Question first. Does the D-Lux 7 support AVCHD for movies? There is conflicting information on the internet on this. On the camera set-up screen all formats show as MP4 however this link says otherwise: DPReview of D-Lux 7

Problems:

1. Latest version of Fotos app 1.1.1. Geotagging does not appear to work over Bluetooth from my iPhone 7+ with iOS 12.1.4.
  2. When I shoot a video and also pictures at around the same time the timestamp on the video is off by -5 hours compared to the pictures which is correct.

Thank you in advance for any help or advice you may be able to provide.

Geotagging does not work, period. Here is the response to my latest query (yesterday):

Dear Leica Customer,

Many thanks for your feedback.

I forwarded your request to the "Leica FOTOS"-team. We are actively looking into that features like geotagging, but unfortunately we can not make sure to include it in a near future update.

Thanks for providing the feedback, it helps a lot to further improve Leica FOTOS.

Peter Brieger

Leica Camera AG

Customer Care / Leica FOTOS App Support Am Leitz-Park 5 / 35578 Wetzlar/ Germany

+49 6441 2080 111 / app-support@leica-camera.com

Pathetic. Feature thoroughly documented in the owners' manual is not available. I wish I had purchased the Panasonic variant instead. This feature was the major reason I wanted to upgrade from my Typ 109.