D-Lux 7 LCD Review Problem

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I just bought a new D-Lux 7 and would like to know if the behavior I'm seeing is normal or if there is a problem with the camera. 

I normally work with the EVF switch active; i.e. LCD on with my eye away from the eyepiece, off when I'm looking through the EVF. But when I use the LCD screen to review pictures I've taken it (the LCD) will periodically turn black. I will have to, for example, half-click the shutter and then press the play button again to see a picture, it will display for a few seconds then the LCD will turn black. Setting the  EVF switch to keep the LCD permanently on will eliminate the problem, but then when I go back to shooting I have to adjust that setting again. Not the greatest workflow.

I've looked in the manual, nothing is said about having to change the EVF/LCD setting when reviewing, searching has turned up everything but a discussion of this particular issue. Have others experienced the same problem? The FW on my unit is 1.0 but I can't seem to find any updates on the Leica site. I'm also aware of the possibility that something I'm doing is "tripping" the LCD off so I have been careful to hold the camera away from my body and keep my fingers away from the eyepiece.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Norman

Edited by nlk10010

It is of course possible, although I thought I took measures to insure that wasn't the cause. I just experimented again and wasn't able to reproduce the problem. For some reason I thought it might be connected with the SD card and the fact that I had just had it plugged in to my computer. 

I still have a couple of weeks to return the camera, so I will "keep my eyes open".

Thanks for posting.

• Like 1