BlackDoc

bibliophile

Posted (edited)
Am 4.3.2019 um 22:08 schrieb stuny:

Quite lovely.

vor einer Stunde schrieb Keith (M):

A fascinating series!

Thanks to you both !

Actually i had a calendar of my home region in mind, and with this i asked for admittance to take photos ("normal" photography is allowed but not with a tripod), 

Edited by BlackDoc

On 3/6/2019 at 11:34 AM, BlackDoc said:

Awesome studies.  Can we see some more of these close shots?  Superb with available light! 

vor 17 Stunden schrieb Ernest:

Awesome studies.  Can we see some more of these close shots?  Superb with available light! 

Thanks, most of the books except at the main hall (see above) are behind glass and i did not take more of these "book Studies"  but  i can show you some other pics ....
for example : A discharge letter not only out of the time of Johannes Gutenberg but also printed by himself from 1455

Posted (edited)

One of the most important books there is "The Gospels of Henry the Lion", when bought in December ´83 at Sotheby´s  the most expensive book ever.... shown here under glas as a faksimile

-

To me  it is not only the architecture and the design  but also the living history of all the books lying there... Imagine: People like Voltaire, brothers Humboldt, even Casanova  stayed there to read and to study...

Edited by BlackDoc

14 minutes ago, BlackDoc said:

One of the most important books there is "The Gospels of Henry the Lion", when bought in December ´83 at Sotheby´s  the most expensive book ever.... shown here under glas as a faksimile

-

To me  it is not only the architecture and the design  but also the living history of all the books lying there... Imagine: People like Voltaire, brothers Humboldt, even Casanova  stayed there to read and to study...

These are just amazing shots (in available light) and so very interesting. If only the book stacks could talk! Thank you for sharing these remarkable photographs, so well done in a challenging setting.

Cheers,
Rog