Jodad

Neckstrap for VC meter

Hi guys,

Anyone know where i can get a Neckstrap for my VC II meter?

If you want the meter to hang around your neck,  I'd recommend this strap. It happens to have an incident/reflective meter built in. I have a VC II and one of these, and I have to say the strap works better, even if it doesn't look as cool as the VC II.

I like my VC Meter II. It works very well operated with my thumb when mounted on a CTOOM on a Barnack Leica, or on a flash adaptor on a Nikon F. I seldom use my Digisix. That said, the Voigtländer Strap Adaptor was, in effect, an accessory shoe with an attached loop for a strap. It would be easy to assemble one from two or three dollars in parts.

I have both the VCII and the Digisix. The VCII is at it’s best mounted on the camera, where it can be aimed with the VF, remembering that its coverage is about what a 90mm lens sees. But I found it quite awkward hand held, with the button on the back.

The Digisix works well, but eats batteries when not used, and has to be reconfigured when inserting batteries.

So I got irritated and bought a Sekonic Twinmate L-208. Very easy to use, fits the hand well, and batteries LAST. It also matches the readings of my reference Gossen Luna-Lux better than my Digisix. (The Luna-Lux is very accurate, but too big for me, and slower to use than the Twinmate.)