Annoying VF/Screen dirt

Einst_Stein

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I got a r4S for $70. Nice price, almost everything in excellent working conditions except the view finder. A lot of  annoying dust.

Since the focus screen is replaceable, I took it out and cleaned it in ultra-sonic tank. As clean as brand new. I also cleaned the mirror chamber to my best. 

But, the trouble is, the whole chamber is full of black carbon like dark dust. They keep on dropping to the focus screen. I tried the spin brush, but no help.

Anyone knows how to clean it DIY? 

Thanks for the advise. I tweaked it a little. Instead of vacuum it, I use the spinning brush dipped in the alcohol to spin brush the chamber.

The wet brush picked up the dust in the chamber. By continuing spin brush, it helps to dry the chamber quickly. After several runs, I think it has practically removed all the dust.    

I also use ultrasonic washing tank (the one people use to clean the jewelry) to clean the focusing screen. It managed to take off the dust jammed in the focusing screen. 

The VF and mirror now are not as clean as new, but at lest no more clearly visible annoying dust.