Dopaco

Which battery works well in Leica M8?

10 hours ago, lct said:

Es posible que desee hacer lo que hice durante más de 10 años. Olvídese de las baterías Leica originales, compre 4 o 5 baterías baratas de terceros y reemplácelas solo cuando estén completamente descargadas en la cámara . Funcionó bien para mí, pero no hay ningún daño que intentar de todos modos  .:)

That's what I'm doing, before charging the battery, I hope it runs out completely. Sometimes I force the algotamiento having the screen turned on.

a greeting

1 minute ago, Dopaco said:

That's what I'm doing, before charging the battery, I hope it runs out completely.

There is no advantage to draining a battery before recharging today.

In fact, it is a good way to shorten battery life. You may need to do so once or twice to maintain  calibration, but that is all.

Better to buy original one. But if you are not willing to spend money on most expensive and made in China battery...

I have "Original OTB",  20$ batteries. In M-E and I used them in M8.

The only issue with M8 was continuous shooting. Those batteries not supporting it. At the second or third frame it was locking M8.

To unlock it, fresh battery has to be inserted.

Hace 8 horas, Ko.Fe. dijo:

Mejor comprar el original. Pero si no está dispuesto a gastar dinero en la batería más cara y fabricada en China ...

Tengo "Original OTB", 20 $ baterías. En Mí y los usé en M8.

El único problema con M8 fue el disparo continuo. Esas baterías no lo soportan. En el segundo o tercer cuadro estaba bloqueando M8.

Para desbloquearlo, hay que insertar una batería nueva.

Al final me decidí por la batería original de Leica ...

¿Cuál de los 3 comprarías? ... (Los 3 son nuevos y dicen ser Leica 14464).

/applications/core/interface/imageproxy/imageproxy.php?img=http://i65.tinypic.com/i237sg.jpg&key=b89f2dbe8c8a68c70f00dc223cf9f890704101cbe5fb5b725da1a1d6b3a4ff37">

Edited by Dopaco
imagen

Please use English, this is an international forum.

I guess question was about made in China. Latest Leica M9 batteries were sold with made in China label.

Made in China is written on the opposite site. Surprisingly here is no pictures of this side... 

13 minutes ago, Ko.Fe. said:

I guess question was about made in China. Latest Leica M9 batteries were sold with made in China label.

And the language that said 'made in china' was Russian.

I had good luck using off-brand batteries in my M8. As mentioned by another poster, it was best to use the battery until the camera said it was empty. Trying to charge one of the knock-offs when it wasn't flat often didn't work in my original Leica charger.

The main issue I ran into over time was that the knock-offs "puffed" as the cells outgassed. They didn't leak, but the gas pressure bowed the plastic battery enclosure to the point where it wouldn't slide in/out of the camera. Fortunately, my original Leica battery didn't see much use and is still working today.

On 2/26/2019 at 2:43 PM, jaapv said:

Please use English, this is an international forum.

I am sorry, It has been a mistake.

The translation I do is through Google Translator: