Does anyone use the Voigtlander ball and cylinder rubber grips?

Jodad

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Really wasnt sure where to pose this question guys but i figured maybe this sub forum might be ok.

Like in the title, Does anyone use the Voigtlander ball and cylinder rubber grips?

I have a barnack and an old ricoh SLR and a Rollei 35. Wondering if they would be any use on those cameras?
I know they must be super useful on a widelux or noblex but what about "Regular" 35mm cameras?

I am a full-time user of accessory grips and the types shown above (ball or cylindrical) are the least ergonomic, least steady and most fatiguing. In my experience ideally the hand must be biased to one side of the camera and tilted slightly away from the camera center; It should also tilt forward or back, adjustable to a degree the user finds best. For Leica size cameras, a conventional grip such as a RRS has reasonable compromises.

For larger cameras I like Linhof anatomical grips and Rollei's under-body grip. Each has a comfortable, ergonomic tilt and twist.

See figure 1 and figure two. Google for RRS grips.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, pico said:

I am a full-time user of accessory grips and the types shown above (ball or cylindrical) are the least ergonomic, least steady and most fatiguing. In my experience ideally the hand must be biased to one side of the camera and tilted slightly away from the camera center; It should also tilt forward or back, adjustable to a degree the user finds best. For Leica size cameras, a conventional grip such as a RRS has reasonable compromises.

For larger cameras I like Linhof anatomical grips and Rollei's under-body grip. Each has a comfortable, ergonomic tilt and twist.

See figure 1 and figure two. Google for RRS grips.

That grip in figure 2 is interesting albeit a bit overkill for a leica ;)

Might just stick on a black leica grip on the barnack.

47 minutes ago, Jodad said:

That grip in figure 2 is interesting albeit a bit overkill for a leica ;)

Might just stick on a black leica grip on the barnack.

It really is overkill. Barnack grip! Very cool. While you browse for one, you might keep an eye out for a left-hand shutter release. I was lucky to find one.

19 minutes ago, pico said:

It really is overkill. Barnack grip! Very cool. While you browse for one, you might keep an eye out for a left-hand shutter release. I was lucky to find one.

That's an interesting toy!

Related image

Also, granted i dont have a black iiif but this does look pretty sweet 

barnack_front2.jpg

Edited by Jodad

• 3 weeks later...