Landscaping with the CL and T plus 18-56 and 55-135.

Tobers

Advertisement (gone after registration)

A couple of weeks ago I spent a week up in Assynt in north west Scotland. I was exclusively using my Leica CL and Leica T with 18-56 and 55-135 lenses, plus some Lee filters. I'm going to do a more detailed write up on the cameras themselves shortly, but in the meantime if you want some landscape photography happiness, spend 5 minutes here.

For some reason I can't get images to embed in this post today.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 3

Advertisement (gone after registration)

A great set. I know the area well, back to student days - it's a geologist's playground. We made a similar trip (in summer!) a couple of years ago Inverness-Ullapool-Durness-Bettyhill. You seem to have had good light - I don't remember seeing much sun!

I find the best filters are Lee. I used the Seven5 system (75mm) with my M9, M240 and M10, and now with my CL and T.

The 24mm Summilux needs a specific “Series 7” adaptor ring from Leica which is tough to find (though I happen to have one spare). That adaptor ring has holes in it which need to be blanked off to avoid light leaking in behind the filter holder. Aside from that it works fine.

11 hours ago, Tobers said:

A couple of weeks ago I spent a week up in Assynt in north west Scotland. I was exclusively using my Leica CL and Leica T with 18-56 and 55-135 lenses, plus some Lee filters. I'm going to do a more detailed write up on the cameras themselves shortly, but in the meantime if you want some landscape photography happiness, spend 5 minutes here.

For some reason I can't get images to embed in this post today.

nice work, did you use a tripod?

• Like 1

Nicely put together, with some wonderful images, worth your hard work for sure.  Landscapes not my thing (shooting wise that is), and your report makes it very clear to me just why that is, it takes a lot of determination and dedication, as well as lot of skill, battling the elements as you do.  Congrats and thanks for sharing.