Q Bracket focus problems

aboudd

Advertisement (gone after registration)

On several occasions when I have used bracketing with the Leica Q, one or more of the exposures is soft, as if there was camera movement, even off the exposure was at 1/250th of a second. I called Leica NJ but the tech there said he never heard of such an issue. It occurred to me that if I had OS turned on at the time it might conflict with bracketing. I could not find any kind of reference to this in the manual and again, the Leica tech was of no help. Unfortunately I have deleted the offending files or I would post them. I may have to try to rec create the problem. 

Has anyone else had this problem?

Depends upon how you are exposure bracketing and by how much.  If you are in Tv (you set time, letting aperture and ISO float) there should not be a blurred image.

Try it again on a tripod with OIS turned off.  I usually have continuous rate set to medium time and shoot in continuous mode.  Pressing button three times causes problems.

I only do it when planing to use HDR in post.  Good luck!

I’m bracketing 2/3 stop increments. I am using a fixed ISO. I press the ahutter once and the camera takes 3 exposures. I do not have the camera set on C, but on S. I’m using shutter speeds that should not be an issue, AF and AE. 

I use bracketing fairly regularly. I use a tripod, ISO 100 typical, aperture at a set place, often f/8, but the point is it’s not on “A”. I leave the shutter on A. It can drive the shutter speeds wherever it wants. OIS off. I will typically use the 2 sec. timer so as not to jar the camera.  I’m shooting landscapes. I’ve never experienced any problems with the exposure and or softness. 

Try this and it should work fine. You could set a specific shutter speed, but then you’re full manual and you’ll have to make it appropriate for the correct exposure. 

Are you sure you’re getting a solid focus before the shutter is tripped? Is single point focus selected and do you see the green rectangle before pushing the shutter all the way down? 

Edited by Infiniumguy
  • Like 1