ON1 2019?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I've been using the standalone version of Lightroom to process my photos.  I keep getting the message that it won't be updated any further and won't work with subsequent versions of MacOS.  Has anyone switched to ON1 2019 to process photos?  Would like to hear your impressions.  

Thanks

Amy

The Mac seems to go though just some software upon boot-up to see if is compliant. I get a warning very often. The scary part is when it tells me that an Adobe product, even their installation software manager, is non-compliant. I still have to get deeper into it.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Apple says that Mojave will be the last version of its MacOS that will run 32 bit software.  (Apple never tells you why this is the case.)  So, if you intend to upgrade to the next macOS that is usually release annually in October, you have about 8 months to sort out your 32 bit software problem.  I'm not sure the Adobe software this is 32 bit is needed except with older versions of CC.  (All these software companies keep old knowledge base items on their websites, even though the information is out of date.  So much for ISO 9000.)  I do trust Adobe to fix it if it is still needed with current application installation.

I just checked -- the standalone version of Lightroom I'm using (6.14) is 64-bit.  I just updated a few days ago when someone here provided a link to this update.  I had previously contacted Adobe and they wrongly told me that I had been running the last version of this software.  I think this update solved the problem.  

I did download a trial of ON1 2019.  When I have the time, I'll watch the tutorials to see if I want to switch.

Amy

You may find that it's the Adobe Application Manager that is 32bit, mine is listed below

Version: 10.0.0.49

Obtained from: Identified Developer

Last Modified: 05/10/2018, 14:53

Kind: Intel

64-Bit (Intel): No

Signed by: Developer ID Application: Adobe Systems, Inc., Developer ID Certification Authority, Apple Root CA

Location: /Applications/Utilities/Adobe Application Manager/core/Adobe Application Manager.app

Get Info String: Adobe Application Manager 10.0.0.49, Copyright 2009-2015 Adobe Systems Incorporated. All rights reserved.

I believe that Adobe no longer support this application as it has been replaced by the Creative Cloud Desktop App.  To check which of your applications is 64bit go to the Apple on the menu bar and select about this Mac.  Then select System Report.  in the resulting page select Software/applications and it will produce a list of all the apps on your mac, selecting the app will produce a dialogue which includes whether the app is 32 or 64 bit.

I use LR 6.14 and it is also 64bit and occasionally I get the same message, haven't done anything about it yet but will probably have to use the CC Desktop App in the future.  If I was cynical I might suggest that it's Adobe trying to 'encourage' users to move over to the CC version in the future as it will generate them more money, but they wouldn't do that would they.

Edited by Bobitybob