Wrong film

jmahto

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Well, I am mildly disappointed that is why I am posting this...

Today I had day off and I wanted to develop the TMax100 roll in my Nikon FM2 for almost a month. It is cold right now and I took great care to prepare the 20 Celsius bath, mixed developers etc. A perfect way to spend my afternoon.

After that I unwound and took out the roll from my Nikon. To my shock it was Portra 160! All the time I had been pre visualizing BW and shooting.

I don’t develop color rolls therefore my perfect 20 Celsius bath goes waste. :( Teaches me a lesson.

Last week I had about fifteen frames left on a roll of AgfaVista, so whilst in town set about finishing off the roll.  Took three shots and then could not wind on further.  Oh woe is me - something must have jammed. :(   With some trepidation I decided to gently rewind the film so I could check things over.  Extracting the canister revealed...

yes, you have guessed it - it was a 24exp one!  Doh.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Advertisement (gone after registration)

9 hours ago, jmahto said:

All the time I had been pre visualizing BW and shooting.

That's no issue, you can still display the final images as B&W. I often shoot colour neg but 'see' an image in B&W. Can't be done the other way round though (well unless you hand tint the image)!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Keith (M) said:

I have bunch of 24exp Tri-x. I note down what I have in the camera (in PhotoExif app) for very same reason. The note would have helped me in my Portra vs TMax too but even my note was wrong. I am simply getting old I guess. :)

• Like 1

13 hours ago, jmahto said:

I have read that color film can be processed with BW chemistry. Other than speed difference, how did it come out?

No images, essentially blank or maybe something very faint.  Can't recall the specifics, but it was "lost" film.  I don't shoot much color, and the commercial loads look similar; that's why it happened. 

On 2/19/2019 at 12:20 PM, TomB_tx said:

One of the lost joys of film - the surprises upon removing film from a camera after some weeks / months / years!

My last surprise was an unexposed film. I hadn't spooled the film correctly in my MP. I vaguely recall "rewinding" one film when it reached 37 on the counter... I use a lab for processing and send the films in batches (usually after a trip). Pretty certain there were some award winning images on that film 😀

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/19/2019 at 3:33 PM, Keith (M) said:

Last week I had about fifteen frames left on a roll of AgfaVista, so whilst in town set about finishing off the roll.  Took three shots and then could not wind on further.  Oh woe is me - something must have jammed. :(   With some trepidation I decided to gently rewind the film so I could check things over.  Extracting the canister revealed...

You are not the only one...it happened me more times ...

robert