Forthcoming S-lens(es)...

helged

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Does it mean there will be the 55/3,5 and hopefully lightweight?

or it’s a Contax lens the well known Doctor uses?

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by ynp

9 hours ago, ynp said:

Does it mean there will be the 55/3,5 and hopefully lightweight?

or it’s a Contax lens the well known Doctor uses?

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

After looking at some of his messages in other threads I think he's talking about the Contax 55.

At any rate, the Thalia 55mm is t/2.8, which probably makes it an (odd) f/2.6. And it's huge.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, alan.y said:

After looking at some of his messages in other threads I think he's talking about the Contax 55.

At any rate, the Thalia 55mm is t/2.8, which probably makes it an (odd) f/2.6. And it's huge.

Thank you very much. I have the Contax 55mm and it’s the body cap on my S2P. Light and cheap. 

I also real like contax645’s 45mm and 140mm. Both very small and light with f2.8 aperture with nice rendering. 

Contax645 120APO is my bokeh king, but I think Leica 120APO match it mostly with faster speed and AF with slightly better flare performance. 

If Leica instroduce a small set of manual glass with decent speed, smaller size and high IQ, this for sure will give S new life for landscape and travel shooter who don’t need AF.  S’s OVF is too good to not utilize that. I can always dream. 

• Like 1

I agree, the C645 45mm and 140mm are sweet lenses, although the Leica S lenses are better, and much more expensive.

BTW I tested my C645 lenses with a Steelsring adapter (still waiting for a Fringer adapter) on my GFX50r and in my opinion there is only one camera system in existence which allows painless integration of the Contac 645 lenses, it’s the Leica S. 

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, ZHNL said:

If Leica instroduce a small set of manual glass with decent speed, smaller size and high IQ, this for sure will give S new life for landscape and travel shooter who don’t need AF.  S’s OVF is too good to not utilize that. I can always dream. 

Would be enticing but, yes, just a dream for foreseeable future based on comments by Stephan Schulz.  I’d settle for a similar path for native SL lenses.

Jeff

• Thanks 1