Automatic power save problems

sebben

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Could someone please confirm if your SL also has the following issues. 

When I have the camera in auto mode or EVF extended the camera ignores the automatic power off settings. What’s worse is that the camera will shut itself off if I don’t press any buttons after 10 seconds. In the LCD mode it works like expected. If I turn off the power save mode the camera will stay on.

This is happened on firmware 3.3 and 3.4. I am using a novaflex L to M adapter. 

Is this a firmware bug or is my camera damaged?

Edited by sebben

Activation of the sleeping (or temporary power-off) mode should be independent of whether you are in the EVF, combined EVF+LCD, or LCD mode. I hardly turn the body off when I shoot; half-pressing of the shutter button quickly awakes the camera for new shooting. So something is odd with your body.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, sebben said:

Does yours turn off all the screens within 10 seconds if you have the power save mode active? It wakes very quickly when I depress the shutter. 

My default Power Saving settings are

Power Saving Mode = Off

Auto Power Off = 2 min

All Displays Auto Off = 1 min

Actually, I do not use the "Power Saving Mode = On" - so my response was likely not responding to your question. Sorry for that...

However, when I set "Power Saving Mode = On", the body shuts down after 10 sec when the EVF only is activated. If the EVF+LCD or LCD is activated, the shut down follows the "Auto Power Off" instruction. So it looks like the body I have responds similarly to your body with "Power Saving Mode = On". 

Edited by helged