PhilipThomas

Wedding life is many things...

Advertisement (gone after registration)

As a photographer, wedding life is many things. Shots of a different type are in abundance. 

Leica M10+Summilux 35mm, Houston, Texas

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By simonCL
      Hi all! 

Apologies in advance for the length of this post! 

I was wondering if you all are able to give me some advice or words of wisdom on whether I should get a Rangefinder Leica. 

At the moment I’m currently using and enjoying my Leica CL & 23mm f2 Summicron. Purchased in Oct 2018. I absolutely love shooting with the CL and for me it was the upgrade I was always wanting. I even adapt some rare and unique vintage m42 lenses to it and get some amazing results. 

Now I’m no professional photographer, just a hobby shooter but the Leica CL I have had really developed my love and passion for photography. At the time of purchasing the CL I was using a Nikon D7500 which I still have (but never use) so for me, at the time the CL was the next step up, and I never thought of going for a rangefinder (couldn’t afford the m10 and lenses anyway lol). 

But now having visited the Sydney Leica store on many occasions to try out the M10 and the rangefinder systems, I’ve grown more interest for a Rangefinder. 

I’m interested in the M240, maybe the M262. I like the appeal of a brassing body though (a bit of individualism I’d say). But honestly I’m not sure which system to go for (and I don’t have the money for a new M10). 

What are the PROS and CONS for each system? What makes you want to stay with that system? (if you have one) what would you recommend I do or go for? 

Now I’ve done heaps of research and reviews on both systems but I really want to hear from everyday people who use them. 

Thanks! 
    • By tomconte
      I'm new here. 

What's a good place to sell Leica gear (especially an m10)? 

Thanks, I appreciate it 
      Tom 
    • By Peyton Hoge
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!
    • By Nowhereman
      My initial reaction to the M10M was that I prefer to shoot B&W with the M10. In another thread, I posted a couple of M10 B&W pictures as an example of the tonality, gradation and resolution where I wanted to be in B&W, for which I thought the M10 was perfectly adequate. I wrote also that I prefer the greater flexibility of digital filters from post-processing to glass contrast filters. Indeed, I previously had the M-Monochrom and prefer the M10 in this respect. 
      Some background 
      Having published my book last November, I'm now thinking about another project. I've been posting a series of images in a (tentative) series called Empire of Signs, the title of Roland Barthes' book about Japan. I don't believe in jumping directly into defining a new project: rather i tend to take pictures and see how this leads me to a project; so,  Empire of Signs may not lead anywhere. When I was in Tokyo at the end of November, I bought a new, 2019 edition of Moriyama Daido's Light and Shadow, which was published in 1982. The latter first edition came out ten years after his previous book and three years after he stopped photographing altogether. As I recall, he got back to photographing after looking at the first photograph ever made, the one by Niépce, which was an eight hour exposure of the view out of a window: it had a building and showed just light and shadow. Moriyama's book established a narrative between light and shadow.
      Some of the pictures in Light and Shadow are things at the verge: scruffy plants, for examine, at the edge of a store. Photographing in Thailand, often in the harsh, midday sun, I've been thinking about this type of image, and how it could be worked into the Empire of Signs.Today, I made the picture below. 
      M10 | DR Summicron 50 | ISO 200 | f/11.0 | 1/250 sec

Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!
      Chiang Mai – The Empire of Signs Coming to the point
      To get the look that I wanted: the dark leaves in the shade and the much lighter tone of the leaves where the sun hits them, as well as getting the poster at the left to be dark enough, I used the color sliders in Lightroom, as well a strong contrast increase. I could have done this with a Monochrom camera, but the adjusting the M10 colors gives me more control. On the other hand, with the M10M, I might be able to show more detail in the leaves, which could also be interesting
      Perhaps a better example is the image below, shot in dappled sunlight. I've posted a couple of images of these three tourists taking a group selfie of themselves using an iPhone on a tripod stick. Here, I was speaking to them, saying I was taking unposed pictures when I got a thumbs up, a V-sign, and the flashing of my name card. In processing this I could get the skin tones in B&W that I wanted by adjusting the color sliders. As I recall, when I was shooting with the M-Monochrom, I was limited to selective dodging and burning — not as flexible
      M10 | DR Summicron 50 | ISO 200 | f/4.0 | 1/1000 sec

Chiang Mai So what do you think about considering doing all this with the M10M rather than converting from color with the M10?