'Hopelist' for SL2

LocalHero1953

Are you seeing anything new? This is what previous posts in this thread and others, see #174 and #177 here https://www.l-camera-forum.com/topic/294223-hopelist-for-sl2/page/9/ were about, the leak by androidlad. Nothing has been announced, AFAIK. If you want it to be true really bad and that the SL2 uses this 100 MPx sensor, just close your eyes and click your heels together three times. 

Am 12.4.2019 um 01:00 schrieb Chaemono:

Are you seeing anything new? ....

I'm so sorry about that, I just overlooked this important information.

Probably because I'm eagerly waiting for the upcoming 200MPx sensor. Finally I'd like to print my postcards in good quality..... 🤣

• Like 1

vor 1 Stunde schrieb saxo:

Probably because I'm eagerly waiting for the upcoming 200MPx sensor.

Peter Karbe and his team will have to improve the lens design, again. Putting a lens that can only resolve 100 MPx in front of a 200 MPx sensor will likely result in infinitesimally small improvements in resolution invisible to the human eye. That triumphant expression on Peter Karbe's face will be short lived, I'm afraid. 🤣

Edited by Chaemono
  • Haha 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

The leaks by androidlad on the 100 MPx sensor continue https://www.eoshd.com/comments/topic/29330-sony-semicon-develops-100mp-ff-sensor-with-6k-video/page/2/

sanveer: "A staggering 15.5 stops of dynamic range, excellent low light capabilities, 100MP, multiple options for downressing with various combinations of sub-sampling (never even imagined before), way lesser (predicted) rolling shutter, excellent high speed shooting options, 16-bit options for photo and video, ... the list is almost endless."

Some party ...

I guess the issue I have is the by perpetually focussing on MPx, other issues get ignored.  What I like about the M10 & SL is the way that Leica seems to have everything in balance.  That takes time, and care.  I wouldn’t mind a 100MP sensor at all, provided it worked handheld, with no unintended complications.

That is a trick Leica is good at.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Chaemono said:

The leaks by androidlad on the 100 MPx sensor continue https://www.eoshd.com/comments/topic/29330-sony-semicon-develops-100mp-ff-sensor-with-6k-video/page/2/

sanveer: "A staggering 15.5 stops of dynamic range, excellent low light capabilities, 100MP, multiple options for downressing with various combinations of sub-sampling (never even imagined before), way lesser (predicted) rolling shutter, excellent high speed shooting options, 16-bit options for photo and video, ... the list is almost endless."

Maybe it's a monochrome sensor 😉 except that at 16 bit I'm likely wrong 😀

Edited by lx1713
  • Haha 1