LocalHero1953

'Hopelist' for SL2

On 2/20/2019 at 6:02 AM, Agent M10 said:

... you still see M9s commanding more than $3,000 on the used market. You certainly don't see that with used Sonys.  

my Sony didn't cost that much when it was new.  How much has the M9 depreciated?

21 hours ago, IkarusJohn said:

Yes, sort of.  Not sure who suggested Luddites.

I see it slightly differently - backwards compatibility,  priority given to the best image quality and user experience within the product placement.  If there isn’t a good reason for including a feature, it doesn’t make the cut.

I doubt that MP count is a priority in itself.  I don’t think Leica ignores it, it’s just not an importanr driver one way or the other.  They will just be looking for the best sensor for a given camera.  That said, they won’t be ingnoring consumer demand.

I’d be surprised if IBIS or a flip screen will be included, but what do I know?

I've found that IBIS makes a dramatic improvement in image quality particularly when shutter speeds are in the danger zone, i.e., slower than 1/(2x FL).  It also makes manual focus with viewfinder magnification much easier.

Edited by wildlightphoto

I would be negatively surprised, if IBIS was not part of an SL2. Look at Canons R camera that is currently on the losing side compared to most other mirrorless.