Limit in image uploading?

atournas

1 hour ago, atournas said:

Can someone enlighten me? Is there a limit in image uploading? I tried twice to post a photo in a thread (D-Lux 109 photos) and I failed: I got a post with text but no image.

Paul

Paul, you need a Premium Membership to post more images. See the top of the home page's tab for Premium and choose your language.

• Thanks 1

You do not need to be a premium member in order to post images here. Image files must not be more than about 500kB in size and no side must exceed 1280 pixels. Make it 900 pixels for the longer side to be on the safe side. You can not attach more than about 500kB to a single post. Use one post for each image, and Bob's your uncle.

If, however, you are a premium member, you can post pictures of up to 1000kB in size.

I find that if I want to post pictures in consecutive posts then I need to refresh my browser window or I get a message telling me that I can't post the (next) picture because it is too large.  Refreshing the browser window makes the problem go away.

Pete.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, pico said:

Because I was an early adopter to the Internet I have an unlimited http/https and ftp  site all free.

That's irrelevant 

As Pete says, a bug in the Forum software means that you have to refresh a forum page if you want to post a second shot straight after a first.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, farnz said:

I find that if I want to post pictures in consecutive posts then I need to refresh my browser window or I get a message telling me that I can't post the (next) picture because it is too large.  Refreshing the browser window makes the problem go away.

Pete.

That is correct Pete and may be the cause of the issue for the OP. It is a slight 'flaw' in the system which also affects Premium Members.

William

• Like 1