M10-P ASC 100 Edition

NigelG

Advertisement (gone after registration)

"The LEICA SL-PL-MOUNT allows users to get the most out of Leica’s first professional mirrorless camera that can shoot both HD and 4K video, as well as full-frame stills. The SL-PL-MOUNT fits directly into the camera’s existing L mount as if it were a lens. The bottom of the mount features a 3/8”-16 hole with 1/4-20” reducer for maximum mounting flexibility, either to a professional baseplate for using a follow focus or directly to a tripod.

The LEICA SL camera has a number of features that make it a strong choice for shooting cinematic video, including high frame rates and the L Log Gamma Curve. The ability to scale the sensor to APS-C/Super35 size combined with the ultra high resolution 4.4MP viewfinder make it a powerful director’s viewfinder as well."

https://c7adapters.com/en/product/pl_mount_-_l-mount/31

https://www.leitz-cine.com/working-leica-m-pl-mount/

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by frame-it
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, frame-it said:

"The LEICA SL-PL-MOUNT allows users to get the most out of Leica’s first professional mirrorless camera that can shoot both HD and 4K video, as well as full-frame stills. The SL-PL-MOUNT fits directly into the camera’s existing L mount as if it were a lens. The bottom of the mount features a 3/8”-16 hole with 1/4-20” reducer for maximum mounting flexibility, either to a professional baseplate for using a follow focus or directly to a tripod.

The LEICA SL camera has a number of features that make it a strong choice for shooting cinematic video, including high frame rates and the L Log Gamma Curve. The ability to scale the sensor to APS-C/Super35 size combined with the ultra high resolution 4.4MP viewfinder make it a powerful director’s viewfinder as well."

https://c7adapters.com/en/product/pl_mount_-_l-mount/31

https://www.leitz-cine.com/working-leica-m-pl-mount/

The cine formats show up on live view with the SL but aren't built-in in the DNG nor the JPEG files and they were completely omited with the APS-C format digi CL ...

It's a working viewfinder in the 16/9 format reasonably close to the 1,85.

35 Primo L Panavision lens on Leica SL by JM__, on Flickr

As the ASC members were involved in the cine features of the upcoming M10-P ASC 100 Edition camera, one can hope Leica gets it right this time.

I congratulate Leica on releasing this very good looking camera set.

Contrary to some opinions, I see the ASC body as quite stealthily if I attach a black 50APO, and

the brass 35cron is similar to the bling of my silver LHSA-50Lux, which I have got used too.

I will consider it as an upgrade from my M240

• 8 months later...
On 2/10/2019 at 8:42 PM, NigelG said:

The provision of cinema framing ratios for still photography was something recently discussed in the SL forum as a “want” for SL videographers - it seems a little perverse to now provide it on the M platform (unless it will be offered - along with the “Cine Looks” in the new SL???)

I lobbied for the cinema frame-lines for stills on the SL, but nothing forthcoming from Leica. Super important when using the SL or even this M as a directors viewfinder. Especially for prep. Hoping the SL2 has that option. I wonder if the firmware for the cine-lines would work on my M10P?

• Like 1

Hi, 

wondering if the cine aspect ratio frame lines appear as  a guide during live view only as with the SL 601 or are they this time  "built-in" into the DNG and/or JPEG pictures so we can keep these ratios when viewing some recce shots?

Best, Jean-Marc Ferrière.

Edited by JMF

I am really surprised by some of the comments here.

I think this is a beautiful limited edition piece done by Leica. Probably my favourite looking to date. In fact, most limited edition pieces by Leica are gross (Andy Summers/The Who comes to mind). This is simple yet beautiful. Black with gold. Beautiful. I even think the Leica Stealth is absolutely gorgeous, too. 

This is an M10. I am happy not to have the other features. 

Can I afford this set? No. But I absolutely wish that I could. Would I trade my normal Black M10 for any other limited edition Leica that is no doubt double the cost? No. Would I trade my black M10 for this? Absolutely and then some.

I like this set. Looks amazing.

Edited by maxfairclough
words
  • Like 1

On 2/10/2019 at 12:39 PM, NigelG said:

The Leica M10-P “ASC 100 Edition” thus provides cinematographers and filmmakers with the ability to view and test scenes with any desired lens before shooting begins.

As if the cine industry does not have enough such devices already.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, maxfairclough said:

Can I afford this set? No. But I absolutely wish that I could. Would I trade my normal Black M10 for any other limited edition Leica that is no doubt double the cost? No. Would I trade my black M10 for this? Absolutely and then some.

I like this set. Looks amazing.

It's in fact double and then some!! Good guess.

Leica Store Miami has the pre-order at a modest $17,500.  Wasn't the Kravitz "All Banged Up" Monochrom edition even more?

Edited by james.liam

On 10/26/2019 at 1:59 PM, Flu said:

The more I look at it, the more I'm starting to like it. If all goes well, I shall attempt to get one!

I saw it yesterday in the Leica soho store. I run into the actor Jason Momoa that was doing an instagram video. but he had one already for a few months..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Photoworks said:

I saw it yesterday in the Leica soho store. I run into the actor Jason Momoa that was doing an instagram video. but he had one already for a few months..

LoL, that polaroid pic of Mamoa...that pose!

On 10/29/2019 at 3:22 PM, jaapv said:

Actually I was quite pissed-off by the dropping of Video on the M10. This is rubbing salt in wound. 🥵

+100.  Lately I've been getting email announcements about this edition and my first reaction was wow, cool, they un-disabled video in an M10.  Then I see it doesn't do video and my reaction was to point my index finger at my temple and twirl it around (that's a gesture meaning "that's crazy" here in the US, not sure if it has that meaning elsewhere).