3 hours ago, Jimothy said:

Black Country Museum is a great idea, Geoff. My M2 might be quite a nice machine alongside the older LTM cameras.

If it's early September I'm not convinced I'll be allowed out to play on the 8th as we're celebrating 29 years of me having to do as I'm told. but then again her indoors seemed to take quite a shine to Pete, so who knows?

Will look at late August then Jim to give you a chance to make it 

We had a meeting at the museum about 10 years ago. 

Great place and well worth a visit  

Excellent fish and chips!

And a nice little radio "shop".

Last time Sue and I visited some scroats had been over the wall and removed overhead catenary for the trams/trolleybus.  I was given a private viewing of the trolley bus (stuck in its shed).  Don't have an LTM, so an M6 would have to do, assuming I'm not tied up at the local hill climb.

Posted (edited)

Advertisement (gone after registration)

On 4/20/2019 at 2:28 PM, Jimothy said:

Black Country Museum is a great idea, Geoff. My M2 might be quite a nice machine alongside the older LTM cameras.

If it's early September I'm not convinced I'll be allowed out to play on the 8th as we're celebrating 29 years of me having to do as I'm told. but then again her indoors seemed to take quite a shine to Pete, so who knows?

I’m a little late to this thread but I would like to mention that my wife was happy to go to New York with me for the recent Long Distance Challenge on our 20th anniversary. 

Funny thing is though, Pete was there too, maybe this is becoming a recurring theme. 😂

Edited by mikemgb

I'd very much like to come too if it happens, no LTM, but film M.   Given the short distance I am away from the Black Country museum I cannot believe I've never been, but far more interested to meet some of you.

Hi all

I’m thinking Saturday 24th or 31st August for this meet up, any Leica welcome ( film or digital ) but would like to see some LTM being used on the day. Can interested members let me know their preference and we can then arrange a time to meet. 

As anyone who’s been in the past will tell you, this venue is fantastic for all kinds of photography so bring plenty of film, batteries etc. 

Geoff

Hi, Geoff,

Saturday 24th falls on the summer bank holiday weekend so travelling is likely to be blighted by bloated motorway/car parks and railway engineering works.  I would therefore prefer August 31st.  

I expect it might also be a busy weekend at the Black Country Living Museum.

Pete.

1 hour ago, farnz said:

Hi, Geoff,

Saturday 24th falls on the summer bank holiday weekend so travelling is likely to be blighted by bloated motorway/car parks and railway engineering works.  I would therefore prefer August 31st.  

I expect it might also be a busy weekend at the Black Country Living Museum.

Pete.

Yes, no wish to be blighted by bloat Pete. 31st I could do. 

24th was definitely out - marshalling at Prescott.

31st is possible but doubtful - depending on a friend's plans.  I'm sure I'll catch up with others on another day :)

31st should be doable for me but sadly for Pete Mrs. Jimothy is unlikely to be able to make it as we have a four legged house guest

45 minutes ago, Jimothy said:

31st should be doable for me but sadly for Pete Mrs. Jimothy is unlikely to be able to make it as we have a four legged house guest

Boo! 😅