LTM meeting

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi All

Just wondering if there are any meet ups where it’s LTM cameras only and if not would forum members in the UK who like using their LTM cameras be interested in a meet up. I’m open to suggestions if anyone is interested, we could have a rule that it must be a Leica LTM body and Leica lens. 

Geoff

• Like 2

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Graham (G4FUJ)

Pete, and the Factory Junction Lifting Bridge

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Only a few seconds earlier he was being closely observed from the bridge by a passer by who seemed intrigued by
Geoff Marshall

farnz

Boy and barge.

IIIg and 35/2.8 Nikkor Kogaku with Kodak Double-X

Posted Images

Hi, Geoff, we organised a screw mount meeting in London in 2016, which attracted nearly a dozen forum members and everyone seemed to enjoy themselves immensely.  It's difficult to restrict the meeting to only screw mount cameras because the numbers are likely to dwindle so there were one or two M mount cameras present and some brought both.  Those who brought M cameras and hadn't experienced the joy of Barnack cameras found them fascinating and I understand that one member has since acquired a Barnack and has started shooting with it.  

Pete.

A couple of pictures from the day.  PS, Can you spot the non-Leica camera?

Edited by farnz
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Wish it was all a bit closer. Loved the company during the Australasian Challenge... my IIIc is one of my favs, love using it, always loaded.

Really like the "considered" and thoughtful approach needed. Like making an image.

Pete, beaut picture of the old fossils at, and on, the table.  Really nice all.

Edited by david strachan
  • Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

7 hours ago, farnz said:

Hi, Geoff, we organised a screw mount meeting in London in 2016, which attracted nearly a dozen forum members and everyone seemed to enjoy themselves immensely.  It's difficult to restrict the meeting to only screw mount cameras because the numbers are likely to dwindle so there were one or two M mount cameras present and some brought both.  Those who brought M cameras and hadn't experienced the joy of Barnack cameras found them fascinating and I understand that one member has since acquired a Barnack and has started shooting with it.  

Pete.

A couple of pictures from the day.  PS, Can you spot the non-Leica camera?

Fair point Pete, don’t want to put members off. Spotted the clone, don’t think it’s a Reid so guessing a Japanese LTM. 

2 hours ago, Geoff Marshall said:

Spotted the clone, don’t think it’s a Reid so guessing a Japanese LTM. 

Well done, Geoff, its my Nicca Series 5 although I brought my IIIg along too.  I like the Nicca because it has an M-style back door and film loading is a bit quicker so I brought it along for others to fondle.

Pete.

1 hour ago, farnz said:

Well done, Geoff, its my Nicca Series 5 although I brought my IIIg along too.  I like the Nicca because it has an M-style back door and film loading is a bit quicker so I brought it along for others to fondle.

Pete.

Never seen one in the flesh, what’s the build quality like compared to a Leica. I’m still thinking about a IIIg to add to the collection. 

The build quality seems very good to me but I'm not the one for comparisons because they're subjective and one man's great can be another man's poor.  If it helps, when I obscured the Nicca script on the top deck, from front on most people couldn't tell it from a IIIf (apart from the black stripe of course).  The back door seems sturdy and has no light leaks despite 70 or so years of use so I suppose that counts for something.

Pete.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Jimothy said:

I'd be interested to come to such a meet. I don't have a screw mount Leica but I'd love to have a look at everybody else's if i may.

You’re more than welcome Jim, having taken advice from Pete any film or digital Leica is ok but it would be nice to see some ltm cameras used on the day. Another idea for the meeting is the Black Country Living Museum in Birmingham as there’s some good photography subjects to suit many tastes, and the older cameras will fit in nicely. 

• Like 1

Black Country Museum is a great idea, Geoff. My M2 might be quite a nice machine alongside the older LTM cameras.

If it's early September I'm not convinced I'll be allowed out to play on the 8th as we're celebrating 29 years of me having to do as I'm told. but then again her indoors seemed to take quite a shine to Pete, so who knows?

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, farnz said:

Regrettably your fine lady has demonstrated unfathomably poor taste in who she takes a shine to.  I certainly wouldn't take a shine to the reprobate who confronts me in the mirror every day!😄

Pete.

Thanks Pete, she took a shine to me too! None taken.😎

• Haha 1