TL 35 1.4 images

ropo54

Advertisement (gone after registration)

What a great lens. A real leica lens!

I have tested this lens a few months ago and loved it. I finally decided to get one. I received it yesterday after noon but it has been raining with bad thunderstorm in my region. Today, I just couldn't resist and wait anymore; with a plastic bag in my pocket to protect my camera from the rain, I made a quick tour in my neighborhood and manage to take a few shotes.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 16

I keep telling myself I don't need this lens - I have the zoom to cover this FL, I rarely swap lenses while out and about, I like the versatility of the zooms, and at the moment most of my CL shots are with the 11-23! And if I carry a second lens it's usually the TL60.

But all you guys' images are whispering.........wouldn't it be nice to have such a superb 50mm equivalent with f/1.4?

Edited by LocalHero1953
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Paul, I have been saying to myself the same thing for months. I already have 18-56 and the excellent  55-135; so, why should I need a 35 mm?.... After all, I love shooting with long range lenses and 35  (50) is covered with 18-56!....

But after testing 35 that is also much faster than any native glass with f/1:4 - and sharp like a razor - I just had to have it! ... I also had a good deal! 😀

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Louis said:

Paul, I have been saying to myself the same thing for months. I already have 18-56 and the excellent  55-135; so, why should I need a 35 mm?.... After all, I love shooting with long range lenses and 35  (50) is covered with 18-56!....

But after testing 35 that is also much faster than any native glass with f/1:4 - and sharp like a razor - I just had to have it! ... I also had a good deal! 😀

It is a lovely lens, and since Leica customers are prone to fits of depression in which they conclude that Leica will never be able to release another lovely lens or nice new model camera body, deals can sometimes be had.   +1

• Like 3

Advertisement (gone after registration)

14 hours ago, Louis said:

What a great lens. A real leica lens!

I have tested this lens a few months ago and loved it. I finally decided to get one. I received it yesterday after noon but it has been raining with bad thunderstorm in my region. Today, I just couldn't resist and wait anymore; with a plastic bag in my pocket to protect my camera from the rain, I made a quick tour in my neighborhood and manage to take a few shotes.

Congratulations Louis, this must mean we'll be having some more treats for our eyes now!

Edited by Boojay
  • Like 1

Jayne, thank you for your kind words. Hopefully, I will continue my harassment on People and Street forums! 😉

Being more comfortable with longer range glasses, I hope my learning of this glass would not be too long.

Very best,

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, scott kirkpatrick said:

It is a lovely lens, and since Leica customers are prone to fits of depression in which they conclude that Leica will never be able to release another lovely lens or nice new model camera body, deals can sometimes be had.   +1

I can’t wait to see the next CL version! :)

• Like 1

A few more from my second day with 35mm. Still dark and rainy, but with f/1.4, it is doing a decent job indoor.

• Like 10

S1R & TL35 f1.4 Summilux

I was offered a very lightly used TL35mm Summilux at a good price. Trying it out on the LUMIX S1R, I'm really pleased so far.                                                                                             On the S1R it gives a 52mm FL, Jpeg image size is 10MB & RAW size is 30MB, more than enough. 

Best,

Mike

• Like 10

Am 25.7.2019 um 09:06 schrieb LocalHero1953:

I keep telling myself I don't need this lens - I have the zoom to cover this FL, I rarely swap lenses while out and about, I like the versatility of the zooms, and at the moment most of my CL shots are with the 11-23! And if I carry a second lens it's usually the TL60.

But all you guys' images are whispering.........wouldn't it be nice to have such a superb 50mm equivalent with f/1.4?

Resistance is futile. We want  them all. 😀

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 7/25/2019 at 8:06 AM, LocalHero1953 said:

+1

Some superb images above....'Get thee behind me Satan'...anyway for my sort of stuff f5.6 is adequate, who needs a f1.4?

Edited by Dave in Wales
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, michali said:

On the S1R it gives a 52mm FL, Jpeg image size is 10MB & RAW size is 30MB, more than enough

Thanks.  That's quite a compelling proposition, supported by an impressive photo.   With the S1R you have the option of using FF lenses when needed.  I'm thinking of a the medium telephoto portrait range for which there is really no special TL lens offering.

• Thanks 1

LUMIX S1R & TL35 f1.4 Summilux

This lens performs incredibly well with the LUMIX's 47MP sensor. Straight out of camera Jpeg.

Edited by michali
  • Like 14

Finally, a day without thunderstorms!... So,  for the third day with 35mm, I made some shots outdoor, and  also tried a few portraits. All I can say is that I think I will leave this lens on my CL for every day shoot; at least for sometime.  

• Like 11

Now, I am completely addicted to this lens!... 2 from today's work.

• Like 4

• Like 6