ropo54

TL 35 1.4 images

Advertisement (gone after registration)

5 hours ago, brklyn said:

Depth of field. Color. Light falloff. 🏆

As you say, colours easy to look at and luminescent, I think praise has to be sung for the white balance capability of the CL on auto I presume. I certainly wouldn’t want it any different .

35 1.4 in low light on the SL

ISO 6400

On 4/20/2019 at 10:15 PM, ropo54 said:

Thanks, Graham!  I appreciate your compliment. Rob

Rob, great thread and great pictures.  I was contemplating on 23mm tl summicron vs 35tl summilux and went with the 23mm.  Im sort of regretting my decision as it seems hard to focus when im up close with the 23mm.  Do you mind posting a close up shot with small aperture around 7+.  I want to see if the close up shot is still sharp without bokeh.  

I bought both the 23 and the 35.  Both are excellent lenses.  The 23 is compact walk-around.  The 35 is classic 50-EFOV and great for portraits as well.  IQ is great for both, although the 35 is the standout performer.  I mean to say, I don't think it is overkill owning both (if/when you can afford to) -- the different focal lengths serve different purposes.

Edited by rob_w

On 4/20/2019 at 10:15 PM, ropo54 said:

Thanks, Graham!  I appreciate your compliment. Rob

ropo_54 I actually had the same question for you:  great thread and great pictures.  I was contemplating on 23mm tl summicron vs 35tl summilux and went with the 23mm.  Im sort of regretting my decision as it seems hard to focus when im up close with the 23mm.  Do you mind posting a close up shot with small aperture around 7+.  I want to see if the close up shot is still sharp without bokeh. 

On 3/15/2019 at 8:59 PM, ropo54 said:

Rob, after seeing all your wonderful shots with 35, I couldn’t resist and finally got one. I just received it and haven’t tried it yet. We (maybe like you) have bad thunderstorms at this moment.

You made me buy this lens. Please let me know where I can send you the bill.

😉

Edited by Louis

1 hour ago, Louis said:

Rob, after seeing all your wonderful shots with 35, I couldn’t resist and finally got one. I just received it and haven’t tried yet. We (maybe like you) have a bad thunderstorms.

You made me buy this lens. Please let me know where I can send you the bill.

😉

Who are you?  Do I know you?  :)

Enjoy that lens!  (Next, try the 60 TL - it is every bit as wonderful).

Rob

I already tested 60mm and was very impressed by the IQ. It is great for macro, but not much control for the background of normal shots.

the problem to have several lenses is not to know which lens to take with you, and then being irritated to not have the other lens! ... 

Just now, Louis said:

I already tested 60mm and was very impressed by the IQ. It is great for macro, but not much control for the background of normal shots.

the problem to have several lenses is not to know which lens to take with you, and then being irritated to not have the other lens! ... 

I resemble that remark!  (I know all too well).

Rob

2 hours ago, andrewjoo7 said:

ropo_54 I actually had the same question for you:  great thread and great pictures.  I was contemplating on 23mm tl summicron vs 35tl summilux and went with the 23mm.  Im sort of regretting my decision as it seems hard to focus when im up close with the 23mm.  Do you mind posting a close up shot with small aperture around 7+.  I want to see if the close up shot is still sharp without bokeh. 

Andrewjoo7:

Here are some comparison shots @ 1.4 and 7.1.  Rob

Edited by ropo54

1 hour ago, ropo54 said:

Andrewjoo7:

Here are some comparison shots @ 1.4 and 7.1.  Rob

appreciate the help, thanks! great pictures in the thread btw.