Not knowing where to post TL 35 1.4 images - in the CL, T, or SL forums - I just thought to start this thread.  This one was taken with the SL and TL lens, a nice lighter weight alternative.

Thank you - I've been thinking about this lens - I shall watch with interest - for images on the CL/TL

Edited by LocalHero1953

1 hour ago, LocalHero1953 said:

Thank you - I've been thinking about this lens - I shall watch with interest - for images on the CL/TL

Me too😊

Must have lens. The most used with the CL. 

Love it. Wonderful lens. Did not regret selling Summilux-M 1,4/50mm asph to buy the Summilux-TL. 

99% IQ of huge Summilux-SL 1,4/50mm asph, with just a little bit more chromatic aberrations. 

Way smaller than the smallest SL lenses aka APO-Summicron-SL  

TL lenses made in Germany are all great : APO-Macro-Elmarit-TL 2,8/60mm produce excellent macro and double as a nice portrait lens (with one caveat, a little bit too much depth of field for portraits) 

A few more TL 35 1.4 with the SL . . .

Intently watching the magic show;  coming onstage; 

24 minutes ago, nicci78 said:

Must have lens. The most used with the CL. 

Love it. Wonderful lens. Did not regret selling Summilux-M 1,4/50mm asph to buy the Summilux-TL

99% IQ of huge Summilux-SL 1,4/50mm asph, with just a little bit more chromatic aberrations. 

Way smaller than the smallest SL lenses aka APO-Summicron-SL  

TL lenses made in Germany are all great : APO-Macro-Elmarit-TL 2,8/60mm produce excellent macro and double as a nice portrait lens (with one caveat, a little bit too much depth of field for portraits) 

As much as I love the TL 35 1.4, the SL 50 1.4 on full frame takes it to the next level.  And, I'd agree that the TL 60 2.8 is on a par with the TL 35 1.4.  Great options.

Jacob on a horse; Jordyn tired out after everyone has gone home.

Edited by ropo54

Also looking forward to seeing what crops up on this thread. I’m umming & ahhing over beginning to accumulate older adapted M lenses or putting all my eggs into the 35 TL basket

1 hour ago, ropo54 said:

Paella,  sunset in the Florida Keys

T w TL 35 1.4

Beautiful pictures Rob. Agree on the SL the TL 35 feels nicely balanced and 10mp is plenty for so many uses. 

Some TL 35 1.4  with the Leica T 

Edited by ropo54

Warsaw, Poland

Starbucks, Paris

Bike tours, Paris

TL2 w TL 35 1.4

Edited by ropo54

Reeds in the wind.

By uploading the photo, the green fringing appears reinforced. Although it is less visible in the original, it shows a weakness of the lens.

When you mount a TL Lens on the SL, I assume it automatically goes into APS-C mode. Can you disable that and force the SL to take full frame? I am curious to learn how large the image circle is for a TL lens on a FF sensor. Thanks