Leica Q-P Firmware 3.1 Fotos app could not connect

ergun

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I have a Leica Q-P with firmware 3.1 and an iPhone 7+ with latest IOS updates installed (IOS 12.1.3).

First of all I could not get Fotos app working with previous version of the Leica Q firmware, ie. 3.0.

After I installed the latest Leica Q firmware 3.1 I could connect and download photos from my camera using Fotos app. However this did not last. After turning off my camera and back on again I could never get the camera connection from Fotos app.  

The camera wifi network was recognised OK by my iPhone. To test I could connect to WLAN network of the camera and enter the camera's WLAN password under the QR code OK.

However when I added the Leica Q camera from Fotos  and scan the QR code, after a spinning wheel action, the Fotos app report "Could not connect Check camera Wi-Fi is turned on and try again.

I uninstalled and re-installed Fotos app again. This didn't make a difference.

I was going to reset the camera as I suspect somehow the firmware stored an ill formed connection state persistently. But I would like to know if any of you experienced this problem.

So to sum up, have you ever run into a situation in which the first Fotos connection to a camera with newly installed framework 3.1 worked, but subsequent connections failed after the camera was turned off and back on again?

Edited by ergun

Good news. I found a workaround to fix this. All I had to do was to select Reset menu option, skip Reset User Profiles and Reset Camera Settings with “No” and say “Yes” to Reset WLAN Settings option. After that turn off/on camera, start and connect from Focus app worked. I could get photos into the app through Wifi.

cc: @antigallican I think it is safe for you to install the framework 3.1. We now know how it works. If connection fails permanently, just Reset WLAN Settings In Q, restart your camera, restart Fotos app and connect through WLAN menu option. 

8 hours ago, ergun said:

Good news. I found a workaround to fix this. All I had to do was to select Reset menu option, skip Reset User Profiles and Reset Camera Settings with “No” and say “Yes” to Reset WLAN Settings option. After that turn off/on camera, start and connect from Focus app worked. I could get photos into the app through Wifi.

cc: @antigallican I think it is safe for you to install the framework 3.1. We now know how it works. If connection fails permanently, just Reset WLAN Settings In Q, restart your camera, restart Fotos app and connect through WLAN menu option. 

Thanks for troubling to come back to me Ergun