bags27

Q2 47 mps, Dirt & Drip proof & new EVF (FWIW!)

7 hours ago, jbripley said:

Really starting to feel the hype.

Is there anything that looks to be worse on Q2 versus Q. Maybe less dynamic range, but 4 years of sensor development should take care of that? Slightly heavier, but I’ll take double battery life instead.

Physical design is only improvements IMO: better on/off/shutter button, weather sealing, lockable diopter, button on right hand wheel, wider macro ring.

DPR reports lower native ISO (50) and thus increased dynamic range (Leica claims 13 stops).

Another addition to Q2 is the 75 mm mode.

Hmmm... I feel a big...meh about this camera, but maybe I'll have to reserve my reaction until I get to see one in-person. It's... fine, but I'm more excited to see what comes about with the latest generation of APS-C ILCs. Sony will likely set the standard with the replacement for the 6500, but hopefully that means all the other manufacturers will inherit better sensors and viewfinders and do the software properly (I'm looking at you, Fuji & Leica). 

1 minute ago, krooj said:

Hmmm... I feel a big...meh about this camera, but maybe I'll have to reserve my reaction until I get to see one in-person. It's... fine, but I'm more excited to see what comes about with the latest generation of APS-C ILCs. Sony will likely set the standard with the replacement for the 6500, but hopefully that means all the other manufacturers will inherit better sensors and viewfinders and do the software properly (I'm looking at you, Fuji & Leica). 

why Meh?  did you not like the Q?  If you liked the Q, hard to see why you would not like this one, assuming it performs as billed.  I cant say whether it is worth spending the money to upgrade, but in its class of cameras, pretty hard to call it meh, I think.

23 minutes ago, MCJ said:

why Meh?  did you not like the Q?  If you liked the Q, hard to see why you would not like this one, assuming it performs as billed.  I cant say whether it is worth spending the money to upgrade, but in its class of cameras, pretty hard to call it meh, I think.

totally agree. if i didnt have a q already, this one would be a no-brainer. 

Just put in a down payment to be first in line at the local Leica shop in Stockholm.

They had no idea when they would get in stock, only that they’d know 2-3 days in advance and I’d get the second camera delivered (the first being the demo unit).

They gave me a decent trade-in offer, but I think I’ll brave the second market to get a better price. It’ll be interesting to see how the second hand price develops during the next month.

One thing I haven’t seen mentioned here, but was in one of the (probably red dot) video reviews was that the original Q is now discontinued and will only be available while supplies last. Don’t know if that applies to the Q-P, but I suspect not.

I put my order in ad I've been watching a few Youtube videos. One reviewer mentioned that it shares the same battery as the Panasonic S1/R. Not sure if true but those cost nearly half of the Leica SL batteries.

11 minutes ago, jbripley said:

One thing I haven’t seen mentioned here, but was in one of the (probably red dot) video reviews was that the original Q is now discontinued and will only be available while supplies last. Don’t know if that applies to the Q-P, but I suspect not.

Well, they will have to do something price wise with the QP because currently the QP and the Q2 are the same price.  They will have to drop the price of the QP I assume.

3 hours ago, kuau said:

With no IS and 47mp sensor, it would seem to me that using slower shutter speeds would be most challenging and would negate the advantage of 47mp. I am for sure going to order one though it does give me a reason to pause. 

BTW Jono’s review is outstanding and as usual his images are all amazing 

i thought it does have some srabilization for photo. heard both sides so not sure. below was from leica site

Optical compensation system for photo and video recordings

Nowhere has it in stock, eh? US-wise, at least. Wonder if that's related to those events tonight. 

1 hour ago, dancook said:

No doubt about it now..

We'll deliver your Park Cameras parcel

TOMORROW

8th March 2019

Interested to know about internal memory Dan

3 hours ago, kuau said:

With no IS and 47mp sensor, it would seem to me that using slower shutter speeds would be most challenging and would negate the advantage of 47mp. I am for sure going to order one though it does give me a reason to pause. 

BTW Jono’s review is outstanding and as usual his images are all amazing 

Leica writes that Q has "optical image stabilization" (OIS) and Q2 has "visual image stabilization". Hmmm, what is the difference? B&H writes that Q2 has OIS.

4 minutes ago, Trev said:

Interested to know about internal memory Dan

Leica's specification does not mention any internal memory. AFAIK only TL2 has internal memory.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, MCJ said:

Well, they will have to do something price wise with the QP because currently the QP and the Q2 are the same price.  They will have to drop the price of the QP I assume.

QP is already 10% off in the UK, down from £4100 to £3690 (includes 2 batteries).

Edited by Tobers

Regarding weather sealing:  Has or Will Leica publish the IP Code rating for the camera?

IP = Ingress Protection which defines the camera's, or other electronics, ability to resist water and dust etc..  For more information see Wikipedia:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IP_Code

yeah, I see that the price of the QP has actually dropped here in the US too.