Q2 47 mps, Dirt & Drip proof & new EVF (FWIW!)

Found a used SL battery on MPB for £50, well I just had to.

Also had an email from Park Cameras

Thank you for choosing Park Cameras for your purchase.

Just a quick note to let you know your order is being prepared.

I'm not sure it's true.. but it's a nice thought :)

• Haha 1

With no IS and 47mp sensor, it would seem to me that using slower shutter speeds would be most challenging and would negate the advantage of 47mp. I am for sure going to order one though it does give me a reason to pause. 

BTW Jono’s review is outstanding and as usual his images are all amazing 

8 minutes ago, dancook said:

.. I phoned park cameras, they told me my Q2 would be with me tomorrow... WOWOW

Interesting... I phoned them as soon as I saw the announcement, was told they had them in stock in the London shop, got one put aside - only to be called back a few minutes later to say they were wrong and were expecting them "in a few week"! Maybe you were already on a waiting list with them - or just much quicker than me!

Stephen

14 minutes ago, kuau said:

With no IS and 47mp sensor, it would seem to me that using slower shutter speeds would be most challenging and would negate the advantage of 47mp. I am for sure going to order one though it does give me a reason to pause. 

BTW Jono’s review is outstanding and as usual his images are all amazing 

I shoot the GFX 50R and don't have any issues hand-holding shots to 1/60 at a 50mm equivalent – so the Q with a 28mm and a leaf shutter shouldn't be an issue.

Edited by hdmesa
  • Like 1

Just now, Stephen_C said:

Interesting... I phoned them as soon as I saw the announcement, was told they had them in stock in the London shop, got one put aside - only to be called back a few minutes later to say they were wrong and were expecting them "in a few week"! Maybe you were already on a waiting list with them - or just much quicker than me!

Stephen

The moment I saw the announcement and that Leica Mayfair had them on the site to order, I went to Park Cameras saw they had also the option and placed the order straight away.

1 hour ago, jon m said:

Any word on availability or whether trade-ins are happening?

was told not to expect more than $2k for a pristine Q since everyone wants to trade theirs in for the Q2. Given that, to me, not sure if it's worth forking over another 3k to upgrade given that i love my Q. would i love more resolution for cropping, sure, do I want to pay 3K+ for it, probably not. weatherproofing would be nice, but i've learned to be careful with mine and haven't had any real issues. 

Edited by rtoqan
  • Like 2