Q2 47 mps, Dirt & Drip proof & new EVF (FWIW!)

Advertisement (gone after registration)

13 hours ago, dancook said:

When I rang around the other day, dealers would barely acknowledge the Q2 was going to be announced with no pre-order list, then when i rang eslewhere earlier this week - one dealer had a list of people and hoped for 20 stock they don't think they will necessarily get.

I spoke to a dealer just now though, and they will call me back when they have stock - so feeling quite hopeful I'm at the top of the list there :)

They have all the info but they cannot discuss it openly because of the embargo.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 1

Really starting to feel the hype.

Is there anything that looks to be worse on Q2 versus Q. Maybe less dynamic range, but 4 years of sensor development should take care of that? Slightly heavier, but I’ll take double battery life instead.

Physical design is only improvements IMO: better on/off/shutter button, weather sealing, lockable diopter, button on right hand wheel, wider macro ring.

Edited by jbripley

vor einer Stunde schrieb Stephen_C:

I do think the internal memory and the way it works is a rather neat idea.

Stephen

Right. I never forgot ma SD card. It would be great if it would be possible to write onto the internal memory (300 pictures) and onto the SD card at the same time. Like that we had some backup built in.

17 minutes ago, Alex U. said:

Right. I never forgot ma SD card. It would be great if it would be possible to write onto the internal memory (300 pictures) and onto the SD card at the same time. Like that we had some backup built in.

Yes that occurred to me, RAW to SD and JPG to internal - a nice little backup for wedding work (perhaps a little limited though for this use)

Edited by dancook

16 minutes ago, Alex U. said:

Didn't think about that using the internal memory as redundancy. If they don't have it at first it might be possible to add in later firmware.

I'm surprised they kept the USB connector and didn't go the CL way of only having Wi-Fi. Especially since it would simplify weather sealing. I'm curious if it has bluetooth for easier/faster teetering as well.

I'm coming from the M-P world and need to make use of a proper autofocus. The Q2 may well be it, because I am using the SUMMICRON F2.0 35mm more or less throughout anyway. Although it may be a bit premature for this question, but looking at the features of the Q2 known so far and putting it against the Panasonic Lumix DC-S1R with its 24-70mm F2.8 (supposed to enter the market mid 2019) what would you fire against the S1R.

Appreciate you comments

Peter