bags27

Q2 47 mps, Dirt & Drip proof & new EVF (FWIW!)

Posted (edited)

Advertisement (gone after registration)

In the UK trade-in means offers of around 50% of list price or even less. Better if time is not a problem to sell with commission deduction by dealer (who accepts all responsibility thereafter, eg, with six-month warranty to new owner). Under these circumstances I think new owner can return goods if not entirely satisfied. Happened to me once when Leica M had some problem only at highest ISOs of which I was completely unaware – had to pay for repair in Germany then resell to someone else.

Edited by microview

Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, dancook said:

Anyone know how this is getting launched? Short of phoning stores at 9am and every 5 minutes there after :)

I was under the impression that there would be a PR thing late today (or tomorrow based on timezone) and they would start selling them on the 7th?

Edited by jbripley

If you are a registered user of Leica products, you should receive an email announcement. Usually Andreas is even faster with his notice on this site. A radically new product would merit a special launch in Germany and at boutique dealers. As the Q2 is an upgrade, a lower key launch may have been planned. Your good patience will be rewarded. 😉

Posted (edited)

When I rang around the other day, dealers would barely acknowledge the Q2 was going to be announced with no pre-order list, then when i rang eslewhere earlier this week - one dealer had a list of people and hoped for 20 stock they don't think they will necessarily get.

I spoke to a dealer just now though, and they will call me back when they have stock - so feeling quite hopeful I'm at the top of the list there :)

Edited by dancook

1 hour ago, dancook said:

When I rang around the other day, dealers would barely acknowledge the Q2 was going to be announced with no pre-order list, then when i rang eslewhere earlier this week - one dealer had a list of people and hoped for 20 stock they don't think they will necessarily get.

I spoke to a dealer just now though, and they will call me back when they have stock - so feeling quite hopeful I'm at the top of the list there :)

Did they give you a price Dan ?

So far the Q2 intro has been pretty underwhelming as in non-existent except for a teaser from Leica Taiwan. I awoke this morning eager to check LUF and see real Q2 info. Nothing! I’m not saying the Q2 will be underwhelming, just the intro so far. I guess my patience is wearing thin due to the anticipation. Feels a little like Christmas when I was 8. 😁

Posted (edited)
vor 28 Minuten schrieb Infiniumguy:

...I guess my patience is wearing thin due to the anticipation. Feels a little like Christmas when I was 8. 😁

Actually I'm on vacation and today I took only 28, 35 and 50mm with me, you understand ...

Unfortunately I used only 28mm :) - might be a sign?...

Edited by cp995

10 minutes ago, Infiniumguy said:

So far the Q2 intro has been pretty underwhelming as in non-existent except for a teaser from Leica Taiwan. I awoke this morning eager to check LUF and see real Q2 info. Nothing! I’m not saying the Q2 will be underwhelming, just the intro so far. I guess my patience is wearing thin due to the anticipation. Feels a little like Christmas when I was 8. 😁

Underwhelming perhaps, but also have to note that they have so far done nothing other than release a few sexy pictures and have created utterly frothy anticipation.  In its way, sort of brilliant.  And free!

11 minutes ago, Infiniumguy said:

I reckon you gonna need to wait until tomorrow.

There wasn't any evidence that Leica will launch it on the 6th, rumors were just telling it will happen around the 6th. Leica however sent invitations for the 7th, so hang on for one more day

21 minutes ago, Aerosail said:

I reckon you gonna need to wait until tomorrow.

There wasn't any evidence that Leica will launch it on the 6th, rumors were just telling it will happen around the 6th. Leica however sent invitations for the 7th, so hang on for one more day

I have a strong need to open the presents on Christmas eve! 😁

I've been invited to a special event at Boston Leica tomorrow night. No details. Turns out I have a scheduling conflict and can't go, but I'm assuming that's the roll out.

1 minute ago, bags27 said:

I've been invited to a special event at Boston Leica tomorrow night. No details. Turns out I have a scheduling conflict and can't go, but I'm assuming that's the roll out.

Same thing "around the world" tomorrow Leica Soho told me yesterday.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, dancook said:

My local dealer was having a Q workshop this past Sunday.  The group tried getting any information on the 2 but the instructor acted as he had no idea what we were talking about.  But toward the end of the workshop he invited us back to the store this Thursday for an important announcement.  He still wouldn't say what it was about.  

Edited by beauport
correct