Q2 47 mps, Dirt & Drip proof & new EVF (FWIW!)

17 minutes ago, nicci78 said:

I think that you got it wrong. Q and Q2 have exactly the same size. You did not align the hot shoe.

Accessories will be compatible.

OLED EVF is only place more at the left side, leaving more room for the CL diopter adjustment dial

The lens is the same, only the macro ring is made larger, for better grip. Therefore the distance scale is a narrower.

Only a Q with CL accents : dial with button within, three buttons layout and no video button (very sad about it), OLED EVF, shutter with only ON/OFF position and same diopter dial

I think you right, I Tried it again with a slightly different Leica Q image source, and this time I made a match

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Thanks 2

Looks like the adjustment wheel on the right has the same functionality with a button inside of it as the CL. I really hope it has the same assignable functionality, with a single tap to activate and hold to change. I was a bit worried about the ISO button going away, but this will easily replace that.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by jbripley

8 minutes ago, NERICSSON said:

would ISO be adjustable via the wheel?

/Niklas

On the CL, the righthand wheel supports the same kind of set up that the FN button has since FW 3.0 for the Q. You can turn on/off a choice of settings and assign one of them to be activated when the inner button is pushed. I would imagine EV would be the default assigned setting, which you then could change to be ISO instead.

Edited by jbripley
  • Thanks 1

It will work as the right wheel of the CL. Short press to call last selected function. Long press to call a menu to choose another function among up to 8 others. Very easy. 

FN button will work the same way. 

No video button, what a shame. Really hate to swipe for video mode. Really stupid idea. Leica goes to far into simplification. It is very hard to make video with the CL. 

Edited by nicci78

14 minutes ago, nicci78 said:

I will be much happier with a Q-U = actual Q with X-U shell components and ring flash. 

Please Leica, replace the X-U with a Q-U. Just imagine how nice it will be for underwater and rough outdoor photography 

Yes that would be pretty awesome! :)

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, nicci78 said:

I will be much happier with a Q-U = actual Q with X-U shell components and ring flash. 

Please Leica, replace the X-U with a Q-U. Just imagine how nice it will be for underwater and rough outdoor photography 

+1

Even a Q1-U will open my purse. 

I’m keeping my fingers crossed. Both the Leica SL and the Panasonic DC-S1R have UHS-II slots. I would think with the 47MP files they would almost have to design in faster write speeds to the SD card. Not doing that would be a major disappointment. 

Edited by Infiniumguy

Leica store Ginza announced the Q2 price : 800,000 yen = 6,360 € = 7,215 $

FYI actual Q price in Japan is 560,000 yen = 4,450 € = 5,050 $

We can guess 6,000€ with taxes introduction price in Europe. We are approaching a whopping 50% price increase in euros against Leica Q 3,995€ introduction price at June 2015 

Sorry, but it will be without m, this time. 

You can start imagine a SL2 47MP at 8,000 €. Almost twice the price of Lumix S1R

Edited by nicci78