Auto ISO question on CL

vor 11 Minuten schrieb nicci78:

So real Auto ISO with just the multiply factor 1x 2x 3x 4x is still exclusive to M-Adapter-L

Yes, and this is o.k. for me.
I'm using M-/LTM-Lenses from 15-75 mm and my solution is 1/60s as a max. Shutter speed with AUTO ISO.
Works fine!

For me actually no reason to waste 400€ for this Leica adapter :rolleyes:

vor 1 Minute schrieb lct:

To each his own :cool:I wouldn't have bought the CL if i could not trigger focus magnification with a top dial. 

For me (using other DSLMs since years) the top dial is another solution, but not better than the "arrow down" from the CL.
It's o.k., but there are better solution from Sony and my Nikon Z with dedicated buttons directly below the thumb.
But ... I knew this restrictionsm when buy my CL.
What I didn't know was, that they crippeld the profil usage to their own adapter, that's completely BS 😡

An active adapter needs a code reader, electronics and electric contacts to ensure full compatibility. I''m sure Leica would license the patent rights to a third party for a suitable fee. That would make such an adapter comparable in price to the Leica one.

I positively hate fumbling around with the arrow keys with the camera at my eye. The Leica adapter is expensive, but I would not be without. So in that sense, it is worth its money to me.

• Like 1

vor 44 Minuten schrieb jaapv:

An active adapter needs a code reader, electronics and electric contacts to ensure full compatibility. I''m sure Leica would license the patent rights to a third party for a suitable fee. That would make such an adapter comparable in price to the Leica one...

Sorry, but I have to disagree; for me it's not the damn code reader for full compability.

It should not have been a problem for Leica to apply lens profiles by selecting/applying them in the menu without their own adapter.
That's only crippeling of features for whatever ...

In the end it's dumb!

vor 53 Minuten schrieb jaapv:

...I positively hate fumbling around with the arrow keys with the camera at my eye...

O.k.!

But the top dial for me is as halfbaken as the arrow keys are.
The best place would be a dedicated button above the 4-way part.
But in the end you perfer the top dial and I don't care about top dial or arrow key - both is the same compromise

vor 4 Minuten schrieb jaapv:

I don''t quite see why they should bend over backwards to accommodate cheap knock-off adapters

Very easy!

Leica can sell bodies an lenses and should not care about rubbish adapters which should not cost more than 30€

Edited by cp995

1 hour ago, cp995 said:

O.k.!

But the top dial for me is as halfbaken as the arrow keys are.
The best place would be a dedicated button above the 4-way part.
But in the end you perfer the top dial and I don't care about top dial or arrow key - both is the same compromise

Ergonomically totally different. 

25 minutes ago, nicci78 said:

Of course Leica were sure that top dial is the best way. Hence making it exclusive to its own M-Adapter-L

Well done. Leica is not a charity. It would not sell a single adapter otherwise.

Build quality wise, Leica adapters are the best. Really no competition here. Even Novoflex ones feel cheap.

So if you want adapters matching the quality of your Leica bodies and lenses. It is a no brainer. Buy them once and keep them for life. Just like you can keep your lens forever (or until boredom)

With M-Adapter-L + R-Adapter-M or R-Adapter-L, you are setup to use every Leica lenses ever made. If you use SL/SL2, you can add the S-Adapter-L to get a really universal Leica system. 

For heavy R & M lenses, I wouldn’t use anything that official Leica Adapters-L

By the way, it exists only one adapter licensed by Leica : the Novoflex LEM/LER II (licensed by Leica Camera AG) it is 6-bit coded and can call the R lenses menu selection, when used with Leica M-Adapter-L. Yes it will work with real Auto-ISO.

To sum up, buy whichever you want. But you have been warned. It will be more costly to buy fully functional official adapter on top of function limited third party one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1