Does the Apple SD card reader with Lightning connector support SDXC 128GB UHS II cards

wlaidlaw

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I seem to have lost my Lightning connector (iPad) SD card reader. I may have left it at my French house. I am only taking a 12.9 iPad Pro, rather than a laptop, on my forthcoming trip to India and it would be nice to be able to look at my digital photos as I go along. From memory, I have a feeling the lost SD card reader, which was at least 4 years old, did not like working with the 128GB SDXC UHS II cards from my SL and kept freezing. I also use these cards in my CL, which I am taking with me to India along with an R9. I think there may be a new Lighting SD reader on sale by Apple, which is compliant with the most recent SD3 specification but Apple is silent on this matter. Has anyone tried downloading to an iPad with a recent Apple Lightning connector SD card reader from a 128GB SDXC UHS II card. I know my older SD card readers no longer work with my MacBook Pro even with an Apple USB-A to USB-C dongle, when I am trying to read UHS II SDXC cards and I had to buy a new USB3-C SD card reader. If I can't find out, I will have to make a trip to Apple in Brighton, taking an SDXC UHS II 128GB card with me. 

Wilson