New Firmware/Fotos App?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I've received a new Fotos app overnight (for iOS) - it includes a "new quick connect feature for Leica SL and Q" (which sounds very promising, the long connect times are a pain currently!). When I try to connect it to my SL (running 3.3 FW), it fails, displaying an error that I need to update my camera firmware. The link to do this only takes me to 3.3 however ... 3.4 incoming today?

I've received it for android. I haven't updated yet, but it promises:

- bluetooth support for D-Lux & C-Lux (which I guess don't have wifi??), with remote wake-up to connect to a camera, date and clock time sync

- 'Easy Connect' feature for SL and Q (??)

- Major performance & stability improvements - sounds good

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Connecting via WiFi and the Fotos app does now seem faster (although I haven't done it for a while with the old app, so difficult to quantify how much better this is - seems usable now to me though, whereas before it seemed to take ages).

1 minute ago, scott kirkpatrick said:

I'm downloading it now from en.leica-camera.com, the German site.  It is not up yet on us.leica-camera.com (the Leica USA site).   

It is, in the "Members Area" - click on the Product Registration link to log in. It also includes updated firmware for lenses released/to be released by L-mount partners.

1 minute ago, Chuck Albertson said:

It is, in the "Members Area" - click on the Product Registration link to log in. It also includes updated firmware for lenses released/to be released by L-mount partners.

Downloading now, and also I am getting updates for Android and iOS FOTOS.  Is there an overview of what is new on the Members' Area?