M10 Monochrom in 2-3 months

mikeamosau

Advertisement (gone after registration)

My expectations of an M10M are not that high actually, since the M246 wasn’t convincing for me over the MM1 either. The difference between the M246 and the M10M could also be much smaller than between MM1 and the M246 for instance. 

Edited by otto.f

Before buying M246, as happy user of Monochrom CCD, I waited for M10 Monochrom.

Since I use the M246 that is a better/practical camera than MM1, but in results, I tried to see the differences or better images from the later M246.

I must admit that the "old" MM1 can give as nice results as the newer.

Just for fun, I took time to convert some M10's appropriate files in monochrom, good surprise, those can be great and nicely comparable (if a bit different) to the files from other

monochrom siblings.

I'll pass my turn on M10 Monochrom,

maybe M11 Monochrom in few years, if I live long enough ...

• Like 1

https://www.l-camera-forum.com/topic/193239-old-lenses-on-the-monochrom-post-examples-here/?do=findComment&comment=3738464

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

with old Elmar 90mm LTM

• Like 1

And b&w conversion from M10, two interpretations of same file

For fun of course ...

second same M10's file, different work

it took me more time

• Like 1

I will probably buy the m10m when (if) it comes out, and will sell my M10 to fund it.

I love my original MM1 and will keep it - I love the look of the MM1 files more than the M10 but I do miss some of the "modern" amenities of the M10 when I'm out shooting with the monochrom. Hopefully the M10M will offer a "best of both worlds" scenario for me. 

I *really* hope that the ultra quiet shutter of the M10-P will be available on the m10m. 

• 1 month later...
Am 1.2.2019 um 08:23 schrieb mikeamosau:

——————

Leica M10 - January 2017

Leica M 10 P - August 2018 (18 months later)

Leica M 10 Safari Edition - January 2019 (5 months later)

Leica M 10 Monochrome - I Expect March/April 2019

——————

Leica seems to ignore this release schedule this time. 😁

• Like 1

On 8/1/2019 at 6:49 AM, RF’sDelight said:

Leica seems to ignore this release schedule this time. 😁

Not necessarily.  M246 arrived 32 mos after M240 (Sept 2012 to May 2015).  And the original MM also arrived 32 mos after the M9 (Sept 2009 to May 2012). If the M10M arrives 32 mos after M10, that would be September, 2019.

Jeff

Edited by Jeff S
  • Like 1

Jeff, you may be right for 32 months of Monochrom variety after the main M.

Some signs "prepare us" for that with significant dropping in recent price of M246 and some "offerings" (rebates) on other present Ms.

5 450 Euros, in Paris for a while now

it was 7 600 E before

Edited by a.noctilux

On 6/15/2019 at 2:52 AM, _Olivier said:

I will probably buy the m10m when (if) it comes out, and will sell my M10 to fund it.

I love my original MM1 and will keep it - I love the look of the MM1 files more than the M10 but I do miss some of the "modern" amenities of the M10 when I'm out shooting with the monochrom. Hopefully the M10M will offer a "best of both worlds" scenario for me. 

I *really* hope that the ultra quiet shutter of the M10-P will be available on the m10m. 

Well _Oliver keeping your MM1 is certainly a good plan. I'll never sell mine but now with a M10 and a M10-D which I set to create regular DNG files plus simultaneous monochrome "Fine" JPEGS I personally see no need to await a M10-M. The "Fine" JPEGS that the two cameras produce are extremely good monochrome images, just lacking, if I want to be super critical, the "edginess" of the MM1's images that I still delight in because of the very "TriX look" the CCD sensor creates. A CMOS sensor in any rumoured M10-M will be good I'm sure but I doubt if it will satisfy as much as the MM1 does still in terms of the "look" of it's imaging.

On 2/6/2019 at 7:08 PM, dkmoore said:

The grumblings I am hearing are that all three will be announced this year. Although they may not all be available this year. 

Next up:  Wailing, screeching and histrionics about M10-P secondary market value being shot in the ass by the release of new M cameras. 🙄

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Herr Barnack said:

Next up:  Wailing, screeching and histrionics about M10-P secondary market value being shot in the ass by the release of new M cameras. 🙄

Complaint never came out of my mouth. I sell and buy M equipment so frequently and depreciation doesn’t matter. 

An M10M with the Q2 sensor (minus bayer of course) would be something :). Not very likely though, and of course it wouldn't come without "problems" (with very high resolution and no IBIS it will be trickier to get tack sharp pictures)