Adapting Pentax 645 lenses to the S?

alan.y

I ask mostly because I see someone has made a custom adapter to adapt the Canon 17 ts-e to Pentax 645 mount. It's a hassle, requiring removal of the shift part and reassembling the lens and sticking it on a Canon body to change the aperture, but for my specific purposes it'd be nice to be able to adapt it to the S.

On a thread from 2013 or so, someone cited a Korean maker of adapters claiming that a Pentax 645-Leica S one is technically impossible. But I don't see how it can be so, at least for manual lenses.

Of course I could just get the GFX, but we don't need yet another thread here about that.

Edited by alan.y

• 1 month later...

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Hi  Alan, share for you.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, ip's said:

Hi  Alan, share for you.

1 hour ago, hartgraef said:

Can you name the manufacturer?

+1. Pease add info about the adapter used - thanks... 

Edited by helged

Yes this is custom made adapter & fit for leica S mount. Pentax lens does perform very well in leica S!

I don't know the manufacturer will still do it because the adapter made in the last year !

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks to @ip's, I have now a manual Pentax 645 adapter for the S in-house. The adapter looks very well made, and it fits the P645 and S mounts nicely. A test shot with the S006 + Pentax 645 500mm f5.6 wide open below, distance is 700 m. Initial impressions are fine sharpness wide open, no apparent flare against highlights and very limited colour fringing. Good.

• Like 6

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
1 hour ago, aristodeable said:

Hi, is these adapter for official for sale somewhere, or how can I purchase this adapter? Thanks for any feedback! 

The forum member by the name of ip's was the middle-man for the ones that I ordered. They work really well and having the tiny Pentax 645 A 75mm on my 006 is really refreshing. 

Edited by Sarnian

1 hour ago, davidmknoble said:

there are some long focal length lenses in the Pentax 645 series.  400mm f/5.6.  Would these work with that adapter?

Absolutely. Do be aware that these are 'dumb' adapters so as long as there is an aperture ring and are MF (or have an AF/MF switch) then you're good to go. 👍

Edited by Sarnian
  • Like 1