The Embassy of Italy in Buenos Aires (shot with Leica M10)

dsalamena

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Dear all,

I recently had the opportunity to shoot the façade and the beautiful interiors of the Embassy of Italy in Buenos Aires. Most of the pictures have been later included in an official book of the Embassy that shows the Italian influence in Argentina and, more specifically, in Buenos Aires.  

The building sits in Recoleta, one of the most beautiful area in Buenos Aires, and was completed in 1924. It was originally meant to be the residence of a noble Argentinian family (familia Alvear) but it didn't match the tastes of the original owner's wife. The story goes on until Mrs. Alvear met the wife of the Italian Embassador who was looking for a new residence for its Embassy. As it happens most of the times, it was an agreement between the two women to decide the future ... 

Most of the pictures were taken with my Leica M10 and Super-Elmar 21mm f/3.4 on a tripod, no flash or artificial lights were used. 

Hope you enjoy the book (must be seen on two pages view):

https://tinyurl.com/https-EmbassyLeicaM10

here are two of the photos to whet your appetite:

David

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 1

In the future I most strongly urge you to place one or two photos directly on the forum along with your link and text - Without the pictures here, too few of us will click through.  If you like, you can email one or two photos to me (stuart.nordheimer@opco.com) and I'll edit them into your initial post.

• Thanks 1