Used 55-135 Lens

Bill W

Bill, I think you forgot the link! 🧐

BTW, I must point out that people in Leica Miami are really great people. If anyone pays them a visit, ask for Kirsten; she is very knowledgeable and helpful.

Edited by Louis

36 minutes ago, Louis said:

Bill, I think you forgot the link! 🧐

BTW, I must point out that people in Leica Miami are really great people. If anyone pays them a visit, ask for Kirsten; she is very knowledgeable and helpful.

No need for the link - I swooped in and bought the lens as soon as I saw Bill's post!  I've had this lens in my cart for WEEKS and have been checking almost daily to see if they were in stock yet.  

Agreed re. Kirsten.  I was in Ft. Lauderdale a few months ago and made a point of going by Leica Store Miami to get some hands-on with various cameras.  I walked out with the CL and 35mm Summilux plus some odds and ends.  Kirsten was busy working on the website but assisted with a few things and I'm very pleased with her recommendations.   I'm already up to 3 Leica TL lenses and have at least 2 more to go (18-55 and 60 macro).  Then I'll be set!  (not!)

Well unfortunately it appears it is no longer available...! When I saw it this morning, I knew its time was up soon. They are hard to find new and even rarer used. I found mine on ebay used and have not seen one since. 

Yes the folks at Leica Miami are great. I have dealt with Josh and David for years. I have some sort of preferred status which means I have spent way too much money there over the years.

2 minutes ago, Ricard0 said:

No need for the link - I swooped in and bought the lens as soon as I saw Bill's post!  I've had this lens in my cart for WEEKS and have been checking almost daily to see if they were in stock yet.  

Agreed re. Kirsten.  I was in Ft. Lauderdale a few months ago and made a point of going by Leica Store Miami to get some hands-on with various cameras.  I walked out with the CL and 35mm Summilux plus some odds and ends.  Kirsten was busy working on the website but assisted with a few things and I'm very pleased with her recommendations.   I'm already up to 3 Leica TL lenses and have at least 2 more to go (18-55 and 60 macro).  Then I'll be set!  (not!)

Good for you RicardO, I was just commenting that it was already gone. You will enjoy it I am  sure.

Edited by Bill W
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Bill W said:

Well unfortunately it appears it is no longer available...! When I saw it this morning, I knew its time was up soon. They are hard to find new and even rarer used. I found mine on ebay used and have not seen one since. 

Yes the folks at Leica Miami are great. I have dealt with Josh and David for years. I have some sort of preferred status which means I have spent way too much money there over the years.

Thanks, Bill!

1 minute ago, bags27 said:

At Boston Leica, the salesman sold the display copy. I guess he figures that he doesn't need one to show, if he can't stock them.

I wonder if that's what Leica Miami have done.   What's up with the TL lenses anyway?  Is Leica just not manufacturing them fast enough?  

58 minutes ago, Bill W said:

They seem to supply most of them except the 11-23 and 55-135. These are always scarce. It is what CL owners want and they go fast. Leica Miami had the 11-23 in-stock a while back I recall but not for long. 

Yeah, I was watching Leica Miam's website and literally within minutes of the 11-23 showing "In Stock" I pounced.  That was around Jan. 9th. and it has been out of stock since.

I've been checking status daily on the 55-135 and even placed a pre-order, expecting things to open up once the holidays were over.   Thanks again for letting folks here know there was a used one at the same store.  No more waiting!

I bought the 55-135 from Leica Miami by mail last Thursday. It arrived yesterday and

I couldn’t be more happy. Looks and functions like brand new. I had a lens on back

order for several months and checked on status every couple of weeks. I had been at top of list for some time . I have ordered a number of items from Leica Miami lncluding M8,C, the CL with 18mm Tl, 23mm TL, Leica M adapter, Nikon adapter, and now 55-135. Sorry they only had one but I bought it last Thursday. I am very happy with service at Miami Leica.

Cheers, Dan

• Like 1

Maybe TL lenses sales projection was very low, due to slow T/TL sales. So was the production in Japan. It takes time to produce more. 

But now with CL and TL2, Leica APS-C system is legit, and lenses are flying of the shelves. Good for Leica. 

1 hour ago, dfdann said:

I bought the 55-135 from Leica Miami by mail last Thursday. It arrived yesterday and

I couldn’t be more happy. Looks and functions like brand new. I had a lens on back

order for several months and checked on status every couple of weeks. I had been at top of list for some time . I have ordered a number of items from Leica Miami lncluding M8,C, the CL with 18mm Tl, 23mm TL, Leica M adapter, Nikon adapter, and now 55-135. Sorry they only had one but I bought it last Thursday. I am very happy with service at Miami Leica.

Cheers, Dan

Wow!  That means they've gotten in TWO 55-135's in a week's time.  

Slightly off topic, but - where is the Nikon adapter on the Leica Miami website?  I still have some F-mount glass that I'd like to try out on the CL.

1 hour ago, Ricard0 said:

Wow!  That means they've gotten in TWO 55-135's in a week's time.  

Slightly off topic, but - where is the Nikon adapter on the Leica Miami website?  I still have some F-mount glass that I'd like to try out on the CL.

They have a Novoflex adapter in the SL lens accessories. No clue if it works but if it is an "L" adapter it should. You might give them a shout. Its not cheap...!

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Ricard0 said:

Ricardo, congratulation for your new lens. I have it and really love it. 😉

It has been out of stock for many months everywhere.

BTW, if you saw Kirsten busy on a computer, she must have been checking my shots! lol.... ;) 

Edited by Louis
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

In case of opportunity, Leica Store Geneva (Switzerland) shows one 55-135 in stock

https://leica-store-geneve.ch/leica-aps-c-system/174/leica-apo-vario-elmar-t-13545-55135-mm-asph/

I wonder if they play Internet selling but a try could be made?

I have no link to them, except being a satisfied customer.

HTH

Edited by papimuzo
correction

I have the Novaflex Nikon F lens to T mount. Works great with my Nikon lenses. Cost is reasonable at $217. I wanted the 55-135 for the autofocus to use at my grandsons baseball games.  I made some good shots with the 2.8 f 135 Nikon

but manual focus is sometimes tricky

Dan

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Phil4369 said:

There are still some new 55-135 in stock in Europe, in France for example. The one that's impossible to buy is the 11-23. 

Not as impossible as it may seem.

I managed to snatch one up from Leica Shop Vienna a couple of weeks ago. Granted, it had a short life in stock (I reckon under 6h before I pulled the trigger on it).