Leica M10-P Edition "SAFARI"

Lins-Barroso

I recommend repainting for Safari needs/nerds. 😊 I love the green body/silver lens combination.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

vor 18 Stunden schrieb hdmesa:

They are selling the body and lens separately this time, so if you like the silver combo, you don't have to pay for the safari green lens.

Indeed. But since I decided to buy the M10-D in December I won’t get seduced by the M10 Safari.

vor 12 Stunden schrieb stefanusj:

can it "brassing" easily? i think green and brassing effect is a perfect combination. makes it look really manly and rugged.

Not easier than a Leica original painting when it’s done correctly. Brassed Safari Ms are the best!

Advertisement (gone after registration)

vor 1 Stunde schrieb jdlaing:

I guess HDmesa’s prediction of Leica selling the camera without the lens is all wet.

The Safari editions have been a team of body/lens for a while now and this one is no exception.

This one is an exeption. 😉  https://leicarumors.com/2019/01/31/leica-m10-p-safari-limited-edition-camera-officially-announced.aspx/

11 minutes ago, jdlaing said:

The Safari set is sold as a body and lens combo.

An additional batch of lenses will be sold individually. 

Actually, the opposite is true according to the email I got from Leica Store SF today.  500 lenses and 1500 bodies. 

Snap them up!

8 hours ago, jdlaing said:

1500 kits and 500 additional lenses later.

Dealer is wrong?

“Leica Store San Francisco is pleased to announce the perfect symbiosis of functionality, legacy, and design with the new Leica M10-P Edition Safari digital rangefinder camera and the Leica 50mm f/2 Summicron-M Edition Safari lens. Both are finished in olive green enamel. The camera body will be limited to 1,500 units worldwide and is currently available. Only 500 Safari lenses will be available beginning this February. “

Looking at the dealer web site, not offered as a kit. 

Edited by mdemeyer

36 minutes ago, mdemeyer said:

Dealer is wrong?

“Leica Store San Francisco is pleased to announce the perfect symbiosis of functionality, legacy, and design with the new Leica M10-P Edition Safari digital rangefinder camera and the Leica 50mm f/2 Summicron-M Edition Safari lens. Both are finished in olive green enamel. The camera body will be limited to 1,500 units worldwide and is currently available. Only 500 Safari lenses will be available beginning this February. “

Looking at the dealer web site, not offered as a kit. 

If that’s the case why would there be 1500 bodies and only 500 lenses?

Edited by jdlaing

Just got mine in today, but didn't bother with the 50 Cron. Joining the Safari family!

First time using a M10-P coming from a M10: the touch screen is surprisingly useful, the silent shutter is great, but the level is surprisingly awful (but better than no level).

Edited by lcd32bit
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

vor 9 Stunden schrieb lcd32bit:

Just got mine in today, but didn't bother with the 50 Cron. Joining the Safari family!

First time using a M10-P coming from a M10: the touch screen is surprisingly useful, the silent shutter is great, but the level is surprisingly awful (but better than no level).

I’m extremely jealous of that Safari MP! 🤩

• Like 1

On 1/29/2019 at 10:38 AM, RF’sDelight said:

I recommend repainting for Safari needs/nerds. 😊 I love the green body/silver lens combination.

This works very well for me because it is the natural silver colour of the metal whereas the 'satin silver' on the M10-P Safari's buttons and crank is too bright, noticeable, and 'bling' for my taste.  Each to their own of course.😊

Pete.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1