Is the Leica M9P sitll good for today?

oudjunk

10 hours ago, a5m said:

A typo would explain that conundrum...

Not a typo, He said “M9 has limited dynamic range, your images will not be great when ISO go above 1600 (you can push the M9-P to 2600)”

A typo would be when he said the Sony A7Riv has 64mp when actually has 61.

Edited by rivi1969

1 hour ago, rivi1969 said:

Not a typo, He said “M9 has limited dynamic range, your images will not be great when ISO go above 1600 (you can push the M9-P to 2600)”

A typo would be when he said the Sony A7Riv has 64mp when actually has 61.

That's the same thing lol

Are you saying his M9-P is special and has ISO 2600? It's obviously a typo. Maybe the issue is with something else altogether...

Edited by a5m

3 hours ago, a5m said:

That's the same thing lol

Are you saying his M9-P is special and has ISO 2600? It's obviously a typo. Maybe the issue is with something else altogether...

Setting the camera to a native ISO 1600 is not the same than ”pushing it” to 2600 😉.

2 hours ago, rivi1969 said:

Why don’t you let the OP respond for himself? Maybe he is no need for your interpretation services.

Which OP you are talking about.

One with 42 in total posting since 2014 and link to something we already know except 2600 mystery.

btw. Where are three nothing wrong M9 sensor usage:

Use it upto 2500, as long as you have no fear of high iso and give enough for exposure.

Use it up to 640, and push in PP

Or limit itself to 1600. I honestly don’t see dr problem after 1600.

Still more than happy with my M9 that is now nine years old. I shoot with it regularly for street, landscape, day to day, even some sports reportage. The files are beautiful in good light, and still usable in low light/high ISO. The limitations are in the high ISO performance and buffer clearance time, which will be noticeable to those who shoot with a M10 or contemporary DSLR or mirrorless camera. The real draws of the M9, for me, is rangefinder focusing, small size and the file quality. An equivalent full frame mirrorless camera and lens is a lot more chunky, don't even think about a DSLR in this regard.

• Like 2