Screen Protector for the M262

Second Jean-Michel’s comment. Had my M262 now for three years, never had any protective strips on the back LCD and it’s as clean as the day I first took it out of the box. The Gorilla Glass is what they advertise, but to answer the question, be it the M262, 240 or 246, the back LCD is the same size. If you are looking at a product advertised as for the back LCD of the M240, it will work on the M262.

Edited by Gregm61

Advertisement (gone after registration)

vor 20 Stunden schrieb Jean-Michel:

There is really no need for a screen protector. The glass is strong enough to avoid scratches, and smudges are easy enough to wipe away.  

The only one that is sensitive to scratches is the M-P .
My M240 already has scratches, but from the previous owner. I'am careful. But something can happen.

I believe 262 and 240 has the same LCD size.  I've tried the Leica screen protector and it comes in 2 piece and cost $25 I think...  it's not so transparent imo, naked is better but you never know...

I bought some 5" universal ones but never put them on because I don't know how to cut it.  =P

17 hours ago, Danieldouloslee said:

thanks @Gregm61! Out of curiosity, would you also know if the same can be applied for the soft shutter release? Currently looking at the match technical short stem (as opposed to teh long stem).

The method of adding anything to the release of any of the M240/262 series is the same. I’ve never utilized soft releases (I see nothing “non-soft” with the release as-is) on my M262.

16 hours ago, Reini said:

The only one that is sensitive to scratches is the M-P .
My M240 already has scratches, but from the previous owner. I'am careful. But something can happen.

@marchyman i previously had a soft shutter on my m240. Unfortunately, it loosened itself and screwed off. Don't want my $25 piece to disappear like the old one :). But I don't remember its specifications (long or short stem). 

Edited by Danieldouloslee

7 hours ago, Danieldouloslee said:

@marchyman i previously had a soft shutter on my m240. Unfortunately, it loosened itself and screwed off. Don't want my $25 piece to disappear like the old one :). But I don't remember its specifications (long or short stem). 

When you buy your next one, make sure there is a rubber o-ring at the base of the stem which puts pressure against the release button so it doesn't come loose.

I bought a tempered glass for Canon 6D (specified 3", same as M240. M262) on my M240, it is slightly (~0.2mm) larger than the LCD but works fine.

Any LCD protector for Nikon D300 works too. But the LCD hood type will appear slightly left shifted (not offensive) from when it is closed if you match the opening view. 

If you feel you want a protector, go ahead, never mind what other people do.

A lot of people never wear helmet on motor cycle and are still alive, some do wear helmet but still hurt their leg. 

• Haha 1

On 1/23/2019 at 6:26 PM, Danieldouloslee said:

thanks @Gregm61! Out of curiosity, would you also know if the same can be applied for the soft shutter release? Currently looking at the match technical short stem (as opposed to teh long stem).

I bought screen protectors on Amazon that seem quite robust, good optically and no bubbles for both my M240s and you wouldn’t know they are on there. Cost about $12.00 each for a little peace of mind on otherwise quite expensive cameras. As to soft release, I used to have one on my silver M240 and it looked great but.... I leave my cameras in the bag or round my neck usually in ‘S’ingle shot mode so they are always ready to go and I liven up the camera by lightly pressing the shutter release when I want to take a photo. This has lead to the only time I ever completely flattened an M240 battery and got a load of Black images. Soft release came straight off and went straight in the bin  i won’t ever be fitting another to any camera. That’s my experience feel free to ignore.