How to reset connection to DIRECT after connecting via router

jloslo

Advertisement (gone after registration)

It appears that once a router connection has been chosen, you cannot go back and choose a direct connection. I want to connect directly to my iPad but the screen that follows the WiFi button, initially one that asks whether to connect through wifi or directly, does not appear. 

How can I access the screen that shows the choices: WLAN, DIRECT, ROUTER?

Presuming a CL and firmware 2.1: The topmost line of the WLAN command and connection screen enables you to click the right button and choose between CREATE a hot spot or JOIN an existing network. 

However, access via a WLAN is mostly broken at present. I can easily tell my CL to become a hotspot and connect Leica FOTOs to it for remote shooting or view the contents of the SD card, and download them to iPad or iPhone, but the commands to join an existing WLAN or become a photo server that you can access via a web browser do not work. (Actually, I can occasionally get the camera to connect to my local WiFi network and make an exposure, but it generally has an error at that point and disconnects from the network. I have to power-cycle the camera to free up the connection completely.) 

Hopefully, these bugs are high on the priority list for the next firmware and Leica FOTOs updates.