M10 charging batteries in the field

Photon42

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I just bought this cable and found it pairs well with both my power bank and the M10 charger. No idea about reliability, of course. Maybe someone finds it useful. M240 charger has the same 12V  outlet, so that would work just as well, I suppose.

i++

• Like 1

According to the specifications on the M10 charger, it requires max.1.3A@12V, which is almost twice the max. power rating for that cable (0.7A@12V). But it may of course still work, particularly if the charger accepts a lower voltage than 12V or the battery to be charged is not completely depleted.

Also, converting the 5V USB output voltage to 12V (by the electronics in the cable) means that the USB power bank may need to output a current of even 2A (2000mA). So I would recommend to be a bit careful with that setup and never leave it unattended for any longer period of time when charging. At least not before making sure that no part will overheat in the process.

• Like 1

• 4 years later...
On 1/25/2019 at 1:25 PM, mujk said:

I just wanted to point out that you may be operating the cable near or even above its maximum power rating and also that you need a sufficiently powerful power bank, which you apparently have. 

The 1.2A is the max spec, rather than the required. 0.7A should operate fine, just not as quickly as a 1.2A source. 

• Like 1