street

Marek

Classic mountain scene, well executed. Maybe try cropping from left and also from the bottom and possibly the top as well. The figures on the ski track create a centre of interest and you could reinforce that with a slightly tighter crop. It doesn't need much.

i enjoy my 90 mm Macro Elmar as I am sure you do.

• Like 1

• ----I prefer the current crop. As is --- gives me more information ---- more info on weather conditions --- with all the info provided by the current crop I get a feeling of a more remote location. Plus that mysterious half in half out, wind blown background is wonderful ---- to me.
  • Like 2

I also think the current composition is perfect. The blowing snow creates a tension and drama that is lost if cropped out. I also like seeing the hint of mountains in the top right portion of the image. Excellent work.

Edited by fotografr
  • Like 2

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Seem to be outvoted here. Nevertheless, I do think the left hand and top right regions compete with each other for attention. A modest crop might fix that while not entirely eliminating the drama of blowing snow, as commented on by fotografr.

A secondary objective of my post was to get more discussion like this around images where serious thought and effort has gone into their creation, as is certainly the case with this picture.

• Like 1

vor 1 Stunde schrieb Neil Macmillan:

Seem to be outvoted here. Nevertheless, I do think the left hand and top right regions compete with each other for attention. A modest crop might fix that while not entirely eliminating the drama of blowing snow, as commented on by fotografr.

A secondary objective of my post was to get more discussion like this around images where serious thought and effort has gone into their creation, as is certainly the case with this picture.

let's look at it 🙂

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 1

If I hadn't seen the first version, I'm sure I'd really like the cropped image. But comparing the two I still very much prefer the original. The crop takes out the most dynamic part of the image, which is the swirling snow with the mountain details just barely visible through it. Without that, it just becomes a photo of some skiers and a lodge.

• Like 2

vor 4 Stunden schrieb Neil Macmillan:

Thanks for trying this. 

It does bring attention to the lodge building and the skiers.

Thanks again!

I think that the original captures more emotion and drama. It gives me a feeling of contact with the element - and I wanted to show it. The krop is more of a view. the weather becomes invisible. 🙂